And That's a White Sox Winner!

SoxAce

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
Yeah, time is running out on the Sox. The Tigers are playing good ball. They definitely could get to 88-90 wins.

We don't even need to worry about the Tigers. Just keep winning games and things will take care of themselves.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
:unsure:

Um, ok. I guess the Sox could go 22-4.

Honestly, that's the kind of run we're going to need. If we went 22-4, the Tigers would still only have to go 16-12 to tie us. If we go 18-8, they only have to go 12-16. So no, I'm not going to worry about the Tigers too much at this point. If we reel off 8 in a row, yeah, then maybe I will start worrying about the Tigers. Until then, it doesn't matter. We're not winning the division.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Thome dissappearing and Mertrodome Mash made them click?

Seems the new guys/kids are having an impact as well. It seems the sox just don't give a f*** anymore, and every T.V. shot they show, it seems all of them are having fun, pulling pranks, and are just playing. Kinda cool to look at the sox roster and see alot of 1980s+ born players are on there.

It'd be nice to get even with the Bosox after what they did to us.

It's funny. We went 3-4 in our recent home and home with NY and we're 2-3 with Boston, but the timing of the road losses basically killed our season. Not horrid records against the teams, but the timing of the losing doomed us. Play Kotsay! This series at least.

Now, that was an entertaining game. Great to see Getz and Kotsay go off like that, and the much awaited debut of Dan Hudson could hardly have gone better. I was very impressed with the movement of his slider, and I like how he tends to miss low, and out of the zone. It’s a nice indicator of future success in the big leagues.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 03:22 AM)
How'd Huddy look? Obviously statistically he was pretty solid but I would have loved to see his debut.

He looked pretty good. FB looked good with nice movement. Off-speed stuff looked alright (although the gun was all messed up, as they had his off-speed stuff clocked at like 62 MPH). Take it with a grain of salt, though, as the Red Sox had pulled all their starters and inserted their scrubs by the time Hudson came in. I liked Nunez as well. He's got a really nice slider.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 05:54 AM)
He looked pretty good. FB looked good with nice movement. Off-speed stuff looked alright (although the gun was all messed up, as they had his off-speed stuff clocked at like 62 MPH). Take it with a grain of salt, though, as the Red Sox had pulled all their starters and inserted their scrubs by the time Hudson came in. I liked Nunez as well. He's got a really nice slider.

According to the Boston broadcast, he was averaging 93, while hitting 95