Fall of '09 television thread

BigSqwert

just rewatched curb from sunday....god it was brilliant ....how many unbelievable characters can there be on 1 show?? Larry of course is Larry and is always exceptional, but in terms of curb cast you have Leon who IMO is the most underappreciated character on TV, Funkhouser who a great character and getting better...then add on to that the genius of Jason Alexander and all the Seinfeld characters falling right back into their old mold.....honestly it may have been my favorite curb ever

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 10:35 AM)
Why would Brad challenge a boxer to fight, even when drunk? His eye was blown up! Funny how Evan and Kenny stay out of everything, including the ruins.

Kenny is a sissy. He would lose if he ever went in. So pissed we have to wait til next week. Dunbar should knock off Johnny. Dunbar is a monster.

The fight wasn't what I expected. Prettu dumb for Darrell to lose all that money over a drunk guy. Needs to control himself better.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
To watch "Jersey Shore" or to not watch "Jersey Shore", that is the question! I love crap TV on MTV. It's a guilty pleasure. Sue me!

I will watch it. The first "Real Life: Jersey Shore" they did with the guy Tommy was easily one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life, although if they film the series tongue in cheek (the producers, not the subjects) it will probably lose some of the comedy, but I will give it a try.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 10:35 AM)
Why would Brad challenge a boxer to fight, even when drunk? His eye was blown up!

From what I remember from his Real World season, Brad makes a habit of getting his eye blown up. That was him, right? Got the eye-socket busted up and daddy had to come down?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 10:53 AM)
From what I remember from his Real World season, Brad makes a habit of getting his eye blown up. That was him, right? Got the eye-socket busted up and daddy had to come down?

Nah, I think that was the dude from Boston that married that super hot chick. He was on the Austin cast I believe, dented his face.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
That's right... Danny.

This guy acts like he is all tough but sucks at challenges. He is usually always the first guy out or close to the first one.

And his wife, Melinda, is not that good looking. IMO. Kelly Anne 24/7

QUOTE (whitesox07champs @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 12:45 AM)
Friday night nights had the best episode i have seen yet in the whole series yesterday. Im glad that it does get the recognition in many aspects but its bad that it gets no ratings. The next episode looks incredibly promising and i cant wait. :notworthy :notworthy

Yep, it was an awesome episode, and you forget how amazingly hot Minka Kelly is until you see her in the preview for next week's episode.

QUOTE (whitesox07champs @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
Friday night nights had the best episode i have seen yet in the whole series yesterday. Im glad that it does get the recognition in many aspects but its bad that it gets no ratings. The next episode looks incredibly promising and i cant wait. :notworthy :notworthy

I can't find a fricking torrent all day for yesterday's episode. I usually download them the next morning but so far...nothing

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
Go to surfthechannel and just watch a stream of the episode.

I usually go to sidereel.com if I watch on my computer. I like downloading an HD torrent and hooking my laptop up to my HD TV as a first option.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
Kenny is a sissy. He would lose if he ever went in. So pissed we have to wait til next week. Dunbar should knock off Johnny. Dunbar is a monster.

The fight wasn't what I expected. Prettu dumb for Darrell to lose all that money over a drunk guy. Needs to control himself better.

Totally. Brad could barely stand on his on two feet, but as soon he called him a b****, Darrell's pride just took over and he just had to go after him. Way to throw away an easy 33k.

I hope they make the final challenge something that gives the challengers a chance, maybe several puzzles or something just to make it interesting.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
I will watch it. The first "Real Life: Jersey Shore" they did with the guy Tommy was easily one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life, although if they film the series tongue in cheek (the producers, not the subjects) it will probably lose some of the comedy, but I will give it a try.

I agree, that True Life:Jersey Shore was so awesome to watch, Tommy was just ridiculous. I am definitely gonna watch this new one too. "Fist pumpin like a champion"? Ha.

Add my vote to this weeks FNL being great. I love that the show doesn't need football games every week to be good.

Such great characters. Landy learning from his mistakes wth Tyra. The assistant coach who maybe gay but for once on TV, the character doesn't seem to be ashamed of it at all. That's different.

When I saw the highlights for this week after last weeks show, I thought it was gonna be Matt's grandma, and that would be his reason to leave Dillon. Hope Lyla isn't the only character to come back next week. I'm guess she finds out Riggins dropped out of school.