Fall of '09 television thread

BigSqwert

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 11:50 PM)
Very. Dwight kicking the girl in the face got a big laugh out of me, but it was few and far between aside from that.

They should have devoted the 1st half hour to the pre wedding and wedding itself. The 2nd half should have been the reception which could have had a ton of potential.

Is it a surprise? Jim and Pam have ruined the show. Love isn't funny. I mean, romantic comedies aren't funny, and they even still aren't about perfect relationships where they get along really well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 11:59 AM)
RR/RW: Ruins has been phenominal...in the trashy sort of way.

i love that show....pure entertainment

in Bill Simmons newest column he debates why october is the best sports month and adds the Ruins to the list of sports, hilarious

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/091009

And that's not counting NHL, Premier League games or that Wednesday's episode of MTV's "The Ruins," America's unofficial fifth professional sport and our only televised "league" that actively encourages violence, inappropriate sexual conduct, implants and performance enhancers. (Note: Wes showed up for this year's season looking like Sammy Sosa right before the 1999 Home Run Derby. Needless to say, he's been in 175 screaming matches in two episodes. In this week's show, he nearly got into a fistfight with a water cooler. Best of all, we don't have to worry about something like the Mitchell report submarining the show because, again, performance enhancers are encouraged. They even have a human growth hormone fountain in the living room. OK, I'm making that up.) Throw in Nov. 1 (Game 4 of the World Series plus Sunday NFL) and that's a monster eight days. And yes, it happens every year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
i love that show....pure entertainment

in Bill Simmons newest column he debates why october is the best sports month and adds the Ruins to the list of sports, hilarious

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/091009

Simmons always says on his podcasts that the RR/RW Challenges should replace hockey as a sport.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
They should have devoted the 1st half hour to the pre wedding and wedding itself. The 2nd half should have been the reception which could have had a ton of potential.

agreed. I thought the reception would have been great. And I agree with the above about the dance down the aisle. It was just.....odd

For anyone who isn't watching football or baseball, the History Channel is running a show called JFK, Three Shots that Changed America. They are using all kinds of original footage and audio, which is really impressive. I have never seen most of this stuff before.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
For anyone who isn't watching football or baseball, the History Channel is running a show called JFK, Three Shots that Changed America. They are using all kinds of original footage and audio, which is really impressive. I have never seen most of this stuff before.

Hmmm, hope they replay it. Would set the DVR

Yup, re-running at midnight. Thanks

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
Hmmm, hope they replay it. Would set the DVR

Yup, re-running at midnight. Thanks

The footage is just incredible. Listening to the reports and the reactions as it happened, with no narration or modern thought really makes it feel different.

On "Curb" tonight, there was a moment I live every once in awhile at work.

Stranger walks by Larry and says "smile" and he tells her to mind her own business. That happens to me all the time at work when I am minding my own business and I usually just throw a fake chuckle out there so they leave me alone.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
On "Curb" tonight, there was a moment I live every once in awhile at work.

Stranger walks by Larry and says "smile" and he tells her to mind her own business. That happens to me all the time at work when I am minding my own business and I usually just throw a fake chuckle out there so they leave me alone.

Last night's Curb did suck a fat one though. Pretty stupid premise throughout.