Fall of '09 television thread

BigSqwert

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)
Last night's Curb did suck a fat one though. Pretty stupid premise throughout.

I'll agree with that. Sometimes, they make too much of an effort to have the most innocuous things Larry says or someone says to Larry become huge quarrels. While I know that is Larry's shtick, sometimes it's a little over the top. Like the caviar and Christian Slater argument, I thought they tried to hard on that one.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)
i love that show....pure entertainment

in Bill Simmons newest column he debates why october is the best sports month and adds the Ruins to the list of sports, hilarious

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/091009

Priceless, I love Simmons. So entertaining. I hope Wes lasts a long time cause he's singlehandedly making the Ruins spectacular.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
The footage is just incredible. Listening to the reports and the reactions as it happened, with no narration or modern thought really makes it feel different.

Any clue when Part 2 runs or was that both parts last night?

Nevermind, looked it up. It's this Sat.

Edited by Brian

Okay, I love HIMYM but last night's episode was such a horses*** one. It was a complete throwaway. Did nothing for the overall story. Hated it. Like I actively rooted for it to just end. The only redeeming parts was the 'sexless innkeeper' line and Barney's reaction in the last seconds of the episode.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
For anyone who isn't watching football or baseball, the History Channel is running a show called JFK, Three Shots that Changed America. They are using all kinds of original footage and audio, which is really impressive. I have never seen most of this stuff before.

Caught most of part 2 yesterday. Great stuff. I'll be sure to check out the entirety of this special.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 07:41 AM)
Okay, I love HIMYM but last night's episode was such a horses*** one. It was a complete throwaway. Did nothing for the overall story. Hated it. Like I actively rooted for it to just end. The only redeeming parts was the 'sexless innkeeper' line and Barney's reaction in the last seconds of the episode.

Oh come on, the songs were good, fun comedy.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 07:41 AM)

What overall story? I thought it was hilarious. Robin and Barney are hilarious together.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
Nobody laughed when Larry told Sammy to "Shut the f*ck up" while singing in the show.

Not too mention that Sammy has grown into a little cutie...just saying.

Definitely yes to the 1st part. And what the heck are you talking about with the 2nd?!? You must be 13 years old or something. :P

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 08:41 AM)
Caught most of part 2 yesterday. Great stuff. I'll be sure to check out the entirety of this special.

Just watched Part 2. I was always facinated by this whole thig and back in high school, read a bunch of stuff. There is stuff in Part 2 that I didn't know about.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
I never knew that the first person to air the Zapruder Film on television was Geraldo Rivera.

Me neither. How old is that guy?

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 10:36 AM)
Just watched Part 2. I was always facinated by this whole thig and back in high school, read a bunch of stuff. There is stuff in Part 2 that I didn't know about.

Me neither. How old is that guy?

I learned a lot too. It really is interesting how quickly the conspiracy stuff actually started.

As for Geraldo, maybe his plastic surgeon can tell us?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
I learned a lot too. It really is interesting how quickly the conspiracy stuff actually started.

One question I have is, did they ever try and get finger prints off the rifle found by the window? Or was that technology not available yet? It was odd that they find the rifle and just grab it with no gloves and carry it around like its a cane or something.