Stick a fork in Dye

Paulie4Pres

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't the slightest clue what's wrong with JD but he needs to sit...maybe he has some kind of injury because he was awesome in the first half of the season and equally as bad the second half.

We might be seeing the end of JD's playing days with the sox,it's a shame because for the most part has been one of our best players we had on the south side in every way,a real pro.

I think he's just mentally jacked or something. I think it started with him not making the All-Star roster, with the awesome numbers he put up, then the trade rumors, him being shopped, then the acquisition of Rios. I think maybe he's just fed up and feeling underappreciated? No clue but he needs to get over it. I do think he's been one of the most underappreciated guys we've had on this team aside from the WS MVP he won, but that's really no excuse. He's playing like he's got a pretty bad injury, but that obviously isn't the case.

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 09:07 PM)
Not sure what happened, but I'd take Brian Anderson, or even Wise over him at this point. We wouldn't lose anything offensively, and at least they can play the field. MVP first half, MDP second half. Is he bitter or something?

Dye 1st half MVP 2nd half MDP (most disgusting player) Quoting myself from the game thread . Plagiarism is not allowed here. Just kidding. :P And I caught that DVP you had there before you edited.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)
Dye 1st half MVP 2nd half MDP (most disgusting player) Quoting myself from the game thread . Plagiarism is not allowed here. Just kidding. :P And I caught that DVP you had there before you edited.

Haha, yeah, I botched that up pretty bad. I liked your Most Disgusting Player comment so rolled with it.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 11:46 PM)
Hes old and getting older. When sluggers age they have a tendency to slow down a bit as the innings and games played piles up in the 2nd half. Its not shocking, this is what normal aging sluggers do without steroids and HGH, get used to it.

Ill say it again he acted the same way prior to signing an extension with the sox. tell me he didn't mope around. then after he signed he started coming out of his funk. I'd say KW is not going to resign him due to the cost of his contract. Dye is a good guy if Im wrong he needs to get out of his funk for anyone to sign him next year.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
In my view, as good as Jermaine was in the first half of this season, that's how as bad he's been now.

-Tim McCarver

That's honestly as well as it can be said.

In fact, I'd go a step further and say he's been worse in the second half than he was good in the first half.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 01:06 AM)
I refuse to speak ill of Dye after all he's done for this organization in his time here. He was a great player for us.

He was the best free agent signing in the history of the White Sox organization. It's not insulting him to say that he sucks and the Sox need to move on. Right now, he does suck, and the White Sox need to move on.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 01:30 AM)
He was the best free agent signing in the history of the White Sox organization. It's not insulting him to say that he sucks and the Sox need to move on. Right now, he does suck, and the White Sox need to move on.

Carlton Fisk says hello.

But I agree on principle, Dye was a fantastic signing, but its time to cut him loose after the season is over.

Thinking about all the close games we lost in the 2nd half, all the times we had trouble scoring, if Dye had hit just in between his 1st half and 2nd half numbers for the last two months, I think we would could be only like 2 games back now, not 6.5, especially with all the time he spent in the 3-hole

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 08:51 AM)
Thinking about all the close games we lost in the 2nd half, all the times we had trouble scoring, if Dye had hit just in between his 1st half and 2nd half numbers for the last two months, I think we would could be only like 2 games back now, not 6.5, especially with all the time he spent in the 3-hole

Reminds me of how stubborn Ozzie can be. He was struggling for way too long before he was pulled from the 3 hole.

I think you are right. He has to be hurt, which will probably be revealed once the season ends.

He'll want the reason known he suddenly couldn't hit.

He's just flailing at offspeed stuff and can't hit a fastball either.

He should be shut down if his back is bothering him.

We can't forget what JD has done for the Sox. World Series MVP...need we say more. But, there's is definitely something wrong. He looks uncomfortable at the plate and otherwise disinterested. Even after the emotional 13th inning win last night he looked like he was upset. I want to hope that it's an injury, because I can't believe that he doesn't care.