14-7

GasHeGone

Think about this. Detroit's lost two in a row (to Kansas City). The Sox win in the bottom of the 13th tonight. Momentum...

If Detroit goes 9-15 the rest of the year and we win each of our last seven series -- meaning we go at least 14-7, we both finish 6 over. Then, we play them in a one-game playoff (with which we have experience) and rip it up.

Believe.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GasHeGone @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
Think about this. Detroit's lost two in a row (to Kansas City). The Sox win in the bottom of the 13th tonight. Momentum...

If Detroit goes 9-15 the rest of the year and we win each of our last seven series -- meaning we go at least 14-7, we both finish 6 over. Then, we play them in a one-game playoff (with which we have experience) and rip it up.

Believe.

Detriot 9-15 = .500 rest of way for them + 2 x getting swept by Sox

Whitesox 14-7 = sweep Detriot X 2 + 8-7 rest of way

QUOTE (GasHeGone @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 11:30 PM)
It's doable. We won the World Series in 2005. We have Ozzie. It's doable.

winning the world series 4 years ago with a radically different squad that was actually good probably wont affect the outcome of this next 21 games.

QUOTE (GasHeGone @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)

Believe.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)
Detriot 9-15 = .500 rest of way for them + 2 x getting swept by Sox

Whitesox 14-7 = sweep Detriot X 2 + 8-7 rest of way

Well when you put it that way it seems reasonably plausible. I've looked at it as the Sox having to just demolish every team and the Tigers get beat by every team. Thanks for putting it in a positive perspective.

If we were to get it to the point where we make Detroit sweat, I would be the first to applaud the Sox and eat my words.

I don't want us to lose, folks. If Detroit were to go 2-9 or something like we did and we got red hot we could make 'em sweat. I'd be the first to nominate Oz for mayor.

I guess the Tigers losing to the Royals twice in a row is a good sign. . . I have slim hope- but hope nonetheless. I guess anything is possible. Its all going to depend on how we do on the west coast trip. One thing I have recognized in baseball over the years. . these last place division dwellar teams can be dangerous at this time of year. And Detroit will play a lot of them lately.