9/13 Sox @ LAA - 2:35pm CSN - Buehrle vs. Kazmir

knightni

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
We really go into long stretches in games were we can't score,it's like they just go to sleep.

Well that is because our offense sucks. We are currently 11th in the AL in runs scored. Only the Royals, the Mariners, and the Oakland are worse. Then again, most managers would move a guy hitting .150 in the second half out of important 3-4-5 roles. But hey, getting a guy who is struggling terribly lots of ABs is a good thing.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
Well that is because our offense sucks. We are currently 11th in the AL in runs scored. Only the Royals, the Mariners, and the Oakland are worse. Then again, most managers would move a guy hitting .150 in the second half out of important 3-4-5 roles. But hey, getting a guy who is struggling terribly lots of ABs is a good thing.

That's loyalty and respecting a veteran player

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
MB with only 83 pitches thrown could go to the 8th at least and hoperfully we get him a run or two

I feel terrible for our starting pitching. They keep pitching pretty good down this stretch only to be abandoned by a rotten rotten offense. The scary thing is, Pods and Becks are on base enough to be a good offense. Its the middle of the lineup who has killed this all year long.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
That's loyalty and respecting a veteran player

Thats fine if you are not trying to compete. If you are actually trying to win with a struggling offense, having a guy in the middle of your order who has been struggling so bad because of loyalty is dumb.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
My heart is crying for Dye and Rios. They are something like a combined 15 for 140-150 or something. You know they are trying so hard to contribute.

That's the thing, you really can't say that about Rios. His work ethic has been questioned one too many times to say my heart is crying for them.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
I think he is saying that the next game is when Dye is going to bust out...kinda like next year is the year for Cub fans.

Thanks for the clarification. I meant the thinking by the player and manager is that this game has got to be when he busts out and so he goes into the line up

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
My heart is crying for Dye and Rios. They are something like a combined 15 for 140-150 or something. You know they are trying so hard to contribute.

I'm heartless and at this point just find it pathetic. Dye is old and probably exhausted from too many games in RF, what is Rios' excuse? What's so frustrating is look at other teams and the new players they acquired at the deadline, many sure don't have a problem contributing to their ball clubs. And even those who have been mediocre haven't been Rios bad. When I think of someone who is trying too hard, I think of someone who isn't very emotionally tough. We all know he has the talent.