2010 Schedule released

ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)

Thank you, sir.

So, we've played the Mets just 1 series, that's the least we've played anyone (no one we haven't played yet, except WAS as WAS, who we played as MON). And far and away the highest number is PIT, 23 times, including 4 years straight (5 next year).

I might have to visit the in-laws in DC to go see a game there. Anyone been there to see a game?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
I might have to visit the in-laws in DC to go see a game there. Anyone been there to see a game?

I saw them play the Rangers in DC last year. It's a great place to catch a ball game. While the neighborhood surrounding the new Nats stadium is kind of dodgy, the stadium itself is a very refinded.The scoreboard is probably one of the better ones in the game, and it's a very welcoming place to watch a game.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
So, if we are playing the NL East next year...what's PIT doing on the schedule? I don't necessarily WANT to play the Phils or Mets, but it seems weird that we have the other three teams then Pittsburgh out of the Central. Clues?

This isn't the NFL, there is no divisional rotation (though I wish that is exactly how it was done - one rivalry series, the others on a divisional rotation).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
This isn't the NFL, there is no divisional rotation (though I wish that is exactly how it was done - one rivalry series, the others on a divisional rotation).

There is divisional rotation. You will just always be playing at least some Central teams.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
There is divisional rotation. You will just always be playing at least some Central teams.

So, we play two East teams then? That's not really a rotation, in my view. But I guess its semantics. I'd just rather see something like: play the Cubs once a year (alternate parks), and play 4 other series interleague each year, rotating divisions.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
So, we play two East teams then? That's not really a rotation, in my view. But I guess its semantics. I'd just rather see something like: play the Cubs once a year (alternate parks), and play 4 other series interleague each year, rotating divisions.

I'd rather keep the Cubs twice, but I agree with everything else. As for the Mets, we've only had the opportunity to play them 4 times ('02, '04, '07, '10), so it's not that big of a travesty that we've missed them since I believe we've hit all the other 15 franchises.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
So, if we are playing the NL East next year...what's PIT doing on the schedule? I don't necessarily WANT to play the Phils or Mets, but it seems weird that we have the other three teams then Pittsburgh out of the Central. Clues?

It's because there is 6 teams in the NL central. So instead of having them go east or west they keep them playing AL central teams. This is what I'd guess.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
if i have the time i'll think hard abotu going to see the sox play in Pit though....that stadium is awesome

Yeah it is, I live out here in Pitt. The stadium is great, its just always empty. And the the scene pre and post is pretty great too, lots of bars and places to go and be outdoors.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
I'd rather keep the Cubs twice, but I agree with everything else. As for the Mets, we've only had the opportunity to play them 4 times ('02, '04, '07, '10), so it's not that big of a travesty that we've missed them since I believe we've hit all the other 15 franchises.

As for me, I like having 2 series against the Cubs every year, and I also wish there was MORE interleague games and a little bit less games against division opponents. I'd rather have, like, ...an extra series against the Arizona Diamondbacks and 3 less games against Minnesota, and an extra series against the Phillies and 3 less games against Detroit, and an extra series against the Mets and 3 less games against Cleveland, and even an extra series against St. Louis and 3 less games against KC, etc etc etc.

I rather have the schedule of all teams be half against interleague and half against league/division than the way it is now. The way things is now makes things kinda boring when it's always the same teams again and again, I'm not really a big fan of how much emphasis is put on divisional play and keeping both leagues separated. There's no reason to not have more interleague games, because the home team will always have the advantage in league rules, anyway.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Sep 16, 2009 -> 01:16 AM)
...case in point to my previous post... out of the last 20 or so games left in the season, the Sox play Detroit 6 times. That's boring, despite the face that there's a division championship at stake.

It wouldnt be boring if the Sox werent stinking the place up

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
...case in point to my previous post... out of the last 20 or so games left in the season, the Sox play Detroit 6 times. That's boring, despite the face that there's a division championship at stake.

If we were 2-3 games back right now...no one would ever call those games boring.