White Sox @ Seattle Mariners

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ calling for the inside pitch up after Griffey just misses 2 home runs...

Beckham throwing to first when he had the out at home...

Sox are showing all kinds of fire tonight. AJ needs to look at the f***ing scouting report and Ozzie needs to tell Beckham to wake the f*** up. The Tigers are playing like s*** and here we're going through the f***ing motions. And Ozzie has Carlos "I Quit" Torres in the bullpen threatening to give away the game. Freddy doesn't have it tonight but we still can win this f***ing game.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
I think we need to see a few more starts from Big Game Freddy in the next couple of weeks before we allow the manager to go and automatically annoint him as a starter in next season's rotation.

If you're Freddy, and your only competition (outside of a bunch of AAAA players and still-developing prospects with control problems) is Danny Hudson, then it's your job to lose.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
If you're Freddy, and your only competition (outside of a bunch of AAAA players and still-developing prospects with control problems) is Danny Hudson, then it's your job to lose.

Who sez Dan Hudson is Garcia's only competition? If Freddy doesn't pitch well for the remainder of the season, then Kenny will have to consider a whole bunch of options other than just Hudson. I'm a Freddy fan and I pull for him based on what he's done in the past, but based on his recent arm problems, I'm certainly not as willing as Ozzie at this point to make him the #5 starter for next season. I still need to see more; hence, my comment about the need to see a few more starts between now and the end of the season.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:17 PM)
Who sez Dan Hudson is Garcia's only competition? If Freddy doesn't pitch well for the remainder of the season, then Kenny will have to consider a whole bunch of options other than just Hudson. I'm a Freddy fan and I pull for him based on what he's done in the past, but based on his recent arm problems, I'm certainly not as willing as Ozzie at this point to make him the #5 starter for next season. I still need to see more; hence, my comment about the need to see a few more starts between now and the end of the season.

And we all know Kenny will fill up camp with potential Esteban Loiaza's, especially if the free agent market is as depressed as it was this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
And we all know Kenny will fill up camp with potential Esteban Loiaza's, especially if the free agent market is as depressed as it was this year.

I would rather spend whatever funds we have on Figgins and Abreu. Make Abreu our DH hitting 3rd. Figgins leads off, Becks second. If the 5ths starter is the only worry in the rotation, then we are set.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)

No, he will fill up camp with the original Esteban Loiaza.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
What the hell is the purpose of having Dye DH. He hasn't hit in a few months. I would rather have Pods DH, and have Rios catch the ball in CF and not hit. Instead of having Pods not catch the ball, and have Dye not hit.

It's probably the same line of thinking that has resulted in several games lost by bringing in Linebrink, which is that if we want to go anywhere, we're going to need our Dyes and Linebrinks to start playing like AA-level or better baseball players. Apparently you can't win divisions by putting out the best team possible on any given day.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
Curious, what will Beltre command in FA? I'm not 100% positive yet I need to have Gordon at 3b (or should I say Getz...starting)

As of now we're way too right handed going into next year. Beltre doesn't seem to fit our needs.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
Curious, what will Beltre command in FA? I'm not 100% positive yet I need to have Gordon at 3b (or should I say Getz at 2b)

If he will sign for $2/12 or cheaper then I WANT him here. The best way to complement a strong starting staff is with a strong defense and bullpen, so that's where we should look to get better. Beckham can move to 2B and stay there for the next 10 years.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:51 PM)
As of now we're way too right handed going into next year. Beltre doesn't seem to fit our needs.

I'm envisioning lefthanded RF and DH. With regard to the infield, I want stellar defense foremost--and I think we maximize that (and Beckham's worth) with Beltre3B, Beckham2B

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
If he will sign for $2/12 or cheaper then I WANT him here. The best way to complement a strong starting staff is with a strong defense and bullpen, so that's where we should look to get better. Beckham can move to 2B and stay there for the next 10 years.

With Beltre's off year this year, i bet he'll take a one year, or perhaps something cheap with a player option

in case he busts out again. of course for that they might have to unban PEDs...

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
It's probably the same line of thinking that has resulted in several games lost by bringing in Linebrink, which is that if we want to go anywhere, we're going to need our Dyes and Linebrinks to start playing like AA-level or better baseball players. Apparently you can't win divisions by putting out the best team possible on any given day.

Considering the state of our defense. I would rather have Rios not hit, and catch everything than to have Dye not hit, and provide nothing else. If this gets Pods out of CF, I am all for it. Large field in Safeco and Pods is scared of walls.