White Sox @ Seattle Mariners

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:53 PM)
I'm envisioning lefthanded RF and DH. With regard to the infield, I want stellar defense foremost--and I think we maximize that (and Beckham's worth) with him at 2b

I agree that Beckham has a lot more value as a 2B and eventually he'll move there. I find it hard to believe there's enough money to spend on Beltre and a power hitting OF. Odds are that Beckham stays at 3B until Viciedo is ready or they decide to give up on him (Viciedo) as a 3B.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
With Beltre's off year this year, i bet he'll take a one year, or perhaps something cheap with a player option

in case he busts out again. of course for that they might have to unban PEDs...

Beltre has been battling injuries all year long. If he can revert to his career norms with the lumber then he'll basically be our healthy Joe Crede and that should be more than enough given all the runs he'd save for us at the hot corner.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:59 PM)
I find it hard to believe there's enough money to spend on Beltre and a power hitting OF.

Perhaps. I hate to say it, but I have a feeling we're going to see a moderately priced power hitter acquired.

Pods Ks on a nasty nasty pitch.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:59 PM)
I agree that Beckham has a lot more value as a 2B and eventually he'll move there. I find it hard to believe there's enough money to spend on Beltre and a power hitting OF. Odds are that Beckham stays at 3B until Viciedo is ready or they decide to give up on him (Viciedo) as a 3B.

They moved Viciedo to 1st base at the end of the season in AA. That should tell you their thoughts.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
Perhaps. I hate to say it, but I have a feeling we're going to see a moderately priced power hitter acquired.

Pods Ks on a nasty nasty pitch.

Let's aquire someone who can bunt.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
Considering the state of our defense. I would rather have Rios not hit, and catch everything than to have Dye not hit, and provide nothing else. If this gets Pods out of CF, I am all for it. Large field in Safeco and Pods is scared of walls.

Agree with the first part but I think it's wishful thinking on the second. How can anyone NOT see how much better Rios is over Pods in CF? Ozzie already knows how bad Pods can be out there because he's seen it all year. Ozzie just doesn't care.

I actually believe there are fans on this board who could have done a better job making out the lineups and managing the bullpen than Ozzie. I know there is a lot more to managing than that, and that nobody here is qualified for those other things, but it's just so god damn frustrating when Ozzie has to put out a weak defense for a team that can't f***ing hit, or when he has to make his best hitters bunt, or when he has to bring in the worst guys in the pen when the game is still winnable.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
They moved Viciedo to 1st base at the end of the season in AA. That should tell you their thoughts.

I wasn't aware of that. Wow, so he didn't even get a full season at 3B...

I'd love it if he could play a corner OF spot because he's supposed to have a plus arm. 1B seems like it would be a waste.