Game Thread: CWS @ SEA, 5:40pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
I remember when Jenks was one of the hardest pitchers in baseball to hit a home run against. Now, he's given up more homers than just about any reliever not named Kevin Gregg.

I dunno, are you talking about 2007? Even in 2005-2006, it seemed like the one thing you could do against him was hit it out of the park, you just had to swing early and have the fastball happen to be where your bat was.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 08:06 PM)
If games like this convince the Sox to not bring Jenks back, then it's well worth it. His stuff isn't even close to what it used to be. His fastball is down 4 mph from where it was a few years ago, and his curve isn't even 50 pct of what it used to be.

I think his ballooning paycheck will convince them. It actually might be better if he looked lights out these last couple of weeks. Someone may actually give up something useful for him. One thing is for certain, if they pay Jenks and have Rios in CF, any crying about lack of funds will be laughable.

He needs location and is not getting it.

The value that they could have gotten for him is pretty decreased now so there is no reason to trade him.

I just turned the mgame on after the homer.

This game resides squarly on the offensive bargae that has been shut out the 4 innings......

I will say it yet again, they have scored more than 4 runs once this entire trip.

I blame the bullpen trouble on the fact that every inning of every game is stressful.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
I dunno, are you talking about 2007? Even in 2005-2006, it seemed like the one thing you could do against him was hit it out of the park, you just had to swing early and have the fastball happen to be where your bat was.

Coming into this season, he gave up 13 homers in 236 innings. He's given up 9 in 53 innings this year.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)

The value that they could have gotten for him is pretty decreased now so there is no reason to trade him.

This game resides squarly on the offensive bargae that has been shut out the 4 innings......

I will say it yet again, they have scored more than 4 runs once this entire trip.

I blame the bullpen trouble on the fact that every inning of every game is stressful.

I blame the bullpen trouble on the fact that they are absolute s*** outside of Thornton and sometimes Dotel...

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 08:11 PM)

Don't give us this BS. This game is on Jenks. He had a 2 run lead and needed 3 outs. He supposedly can't pitch in non save situations because he can't get motivated enough to get guys out.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
Don't give us this BS. This game is on Jenks. He had a 2 run lead and needed 3 outs. He supposedly can't pitch in non save situations because he can't get motivated enough to get guys out.

Bingo. The guy is tired. Crappy in 1 run situations. Crappy in non-save situations. He would make an okay middle reliever, but he's not so good as a closer.