Game Thread: CWS @ SEA, 5:40pm CT

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
This is a much better team right now than its record says. And it will be even better soon.

how is this a much better team? the offense is awful. AJ and Paulie will not be this good next year. At some point you have to recognize that its not a slump, its just bad hitters.

Also, we don't have a metric ton of young talent, not sure where you are seeing that. Who do you think is so talented that isn't here? Danks? Viciedo?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
Oz just said

“If they give up on me, I give up on them.’’ Promises a lot of lineup changes on Friday.

"What the [bleep] am I going to say? They horse[bleep]? Yes, they are.’’

via cowley twitter.

I want to get very excited about this, but knowing Ozzie he'll probably just send a couple guys hitting lower up or a couple guys hitting higher/middle down.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
Oz just said

“If they give up on me, I give up on them.’’ Promises a lot of lineup changes on Friday.

"What the [bleep] am I going to say? They horse[bleep]? Yes, they are.’’ :headbang

At least our manager is entertaining.

Oz just said

"What the [bleep] am I going to say? They horse[bleep]? Yes, they are.’’

via cowley twitter.

Wow.

Well, he better mean Bobby as well, cause up to that point we had an efficient victory.

Juding from the ENTIRE game, he better mean Dye, Rios.

WHo else?

And Liney.

Edited by greg775

Buehrle is going to get one more start to get to 200 innings. Then he's done.

Hudson and Torres will probably get a couple starts. This thing is winding down. Hopefully the Tigers win in the dome this weekend so there isn't too much pressure to play spoiler to help the Twins. I'd rather see the Tigers win the division.

I didn't get to see the game until I just got home and numb nuts gives up 2 dingers...but as far as Danks...it sounds like he was dominant. Why not send him out for the 9th? Anybody?... I know somebody will go with the whole "closers job"...but the way this season has gone you just could see what was gonna happen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
This is a much better team right now than its record says. And it will be even better soon.

I can buy the defense improving. Alexei, Gordon and obviously OF looks better now.

But we need an OBP jolt big time. If CQ has another so-so year the team goes nowhere.

It was a rebound year from PK, a career year from AJP, Pods .....Thome was about his usual...all that and the offense still didnt get it done. The lineup needs upgrading

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
there's no one on that bench that excites meet to see, with the possible exception of flowers. But he doesn't deserve playing time over AJ, who's earned it and then some. I wish mitchell was on the bench. That I'd like to see.

DH Flowers or play him at 1B if you don't want to take AJ out of the order. Plus you can let AJ DH a couple of games and play Flowers at catcher. There is no reason not to play him everyday for the remainder of the season.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
If Oz really promised a lot of changes as was in Cowley's brief item, he's going to have to play Flowers somewhere.

at this point I really don't give a s*** who's playing as long as it isn't Dye and Rios.