Game Thread: CWS @ SEA, 5:40pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
kotsay has been so clutch.

shame we got nothing behind him. Then again, the law of averages says Jermaine is f***ING DUE!

Everything this guy hits, atleast the games I watch, seem to be line drives across the field. He's like Ross Gload's doppelganger. His line drive percentage rate must be ridiculous compared to league average.

/strikeout

DEAD!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
He's hit before. He's made a couple of All Star teams, so he's no novice. Maybe he's stubborn. Maybe he is lacking desire like many scouts claim. Maybe he's just in a slump the size no one has ever seen before. He will eventually be better.

Well us Sox fans have seen slumps like that before. It should be nothing new.

How are 2003 Konerko and 2009 Rios not similar?

Both had seasons that were completely outliers to their normal stats.

I know you werent here in 2003, but most people wanted to give away Konerko for free on this board.

(Edited for typo)

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)

I know you werent here in 2002, but most people wanted to give away Konerko for free on this board.

If they could have given him away for free, they probably would . I believe Konerko hit .270 the second half. At least it gave the Sox some hope for a rebound which did happen. The Sox are on the hook for $60 million for Rios. If you think they wouldn't give him away to some team willing to take the entire contract, I think you are crazy.

Edited by Dick Allen

I know you werent here in 2002, but most people wanted to give away Konerko for free on this board.

Konerko had a good second half that year, and was a bit more proven of a player at that point than Rios, and had nowhere near as bad a contract, and we didn't volunteer to take his awful contract that he didn't even have.

I wanted Konerko traded to the Dodgers for some combination of Mota, and Miller or Jackson.

The Sox arent trading Rios.

1) If Toronto could have gotten anything for him they would have.

2) The Sox (unlike their fans) generally dont just throw a player away after 1 bad season. They understand that players have good seasons and bad seasons, and not every player is slump proof.

Rios is a major part of the Sox future, regardless of how many board experts disagree.

2. Nick Swisher :huh:

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
Konerko had a good second half that year, and was a bit more proven of a player at that point than Rios, and had nowhere near as bad a contract, and we didn't volunteer to take his awful contract that he didn't even have.

Konerko's post All Star break OPS in 2003 was .853. That's pretty good.