KC @ Sox, 6:05 Central. WGN

League

Peavy has healed all wounds. Our leadoff hitter gets on after an error. We get him to third. We just replaced 1st and 3rd with a run and 1st and 3rd again. (On a day that Detroit lost).

Edit: Against a young left handed pitcher making his first major league start no less.

Edited by League

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (League @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)
Peavy has healed all wounds. Our leadoff hitter gets on after an error. We get him to third. We just replaced 1st and 3rd with a run and 1st and 3rd again. (On a day that Detroit lost).

Edit: Against a young left handed pitcher making his first major league start no less.

And this is replied to with a short popup and a double play.

I don't have video to compare with, but does Peavy's delivery seem different to anyone else? When I first watched him this inning what instantly stood out was his release point, and how it appeared to be at a lower plane than what I've been accustomed to seeing.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I like what I see from Peavy, despite the home runs. It's the first time I've seen him pitch and it just appears as if his control is a bit off. But he can move it in with the cutter/slider on the lefties and run the fastball in on the righties...both with late movement...and his sinker will do him well in the Cell also. Real exciting having him here the next few years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 08:34 PM)
Say no, Ozzie.

I'm pretty sure Ozzie did say no. At least I hope so, no need to push Peavy in this first start back.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
What's his pitch count?

73 pitches for Peavy.