Minnesota Twins @ Chicago White Sox, 7:11, CSN

justBLAZE

Hudson did pretty well; drawing praise from Stoney and Hawk.

Maybe our staff will be studly next year, but the defense has gotta be improved and hitting with men on base.

We get more hits that turn out to be meaningless cause we can't string any together.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 02:44 AM)

Maybe our staff will be studly next year, but the defense has gotta be improved and hitting with men on base.

We get more hits that turn out to be meaningless cause we can't string any together.

I wondered what Stone and Farmer had to say

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 02:38 AM)
fyi, uribe's numbers this year have been just as good as Alexi's.

At the time when we didn't sign Uribe I thought we were making a mistake. He might have wanted 2 0r 3 million, but he stabilized the defense and we needed that real bad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)

Our starting pitching should be fine.

Removing a lumbering DH from RF should help out next year.

Removing our heads from our rectums when they go to the plate is something else that we need to accomplish.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 06:44 PM)

I think the starting pitching will be stout.

I have no idea how KW is going to fix the bullpen, and it needs fixin.

How you fix the defense I also have no idea. We need a right fielder, unless they move Q over there and bring in another LF or CF. And I'm still not convinced the Alexi belongs at SS.

Carrasco's pitches are screaming "hit me" tonight.

(Stoney just said "every time we've made a mistake tonight the Twins have taken advantage; fastballs, wild pitches, errors, they don't overswing; the Twins take what you give 'em. And they haven't made any mistakes. That's the difference in the teams."

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
Passed balls, wild pitches, hit batters, walking in runs, wild throws. Have I left anything out?

Yet we are still going for it. I would rather see whatever kids we can play, and figure it out for next year. Hudson needs to get whatever 5th starter starts from now on. Floyd needs to be shut down.

Can we just bench Dye. High fly ball, he is backing up on it instead of getting behind it. Then short hops it to AJ. Strong arm. Terrible fielder.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
Yet we are still going for it. I would rather see whatever kids we can play, and figure it out for next year. Hudson needs to get whatever 5th starter starts from now on. Floyd needs to be shut down.

Can we just bench Dye. High fly ball, he is backing up on it instead of getting behind it. Then short hops it to AJ. Strong arm. Terrible fielder.

Yeah. Even though we've been out of it for over a month now I still wanted to see the team play well and finish strong. Carry some momentum into next year. But I'm at the point to where losing every game from here on out wouldn't bother me a bit. Improve that draft position. And now greg will obliterate me and tell me how the draft is a crapshoot and it's better to win as many games as possible even if you're not going to sniff the playoffs.

Boos for Dye and the whole team.

This is starting to reflect on Oz. Our team is disgracefully bad.

I don't know if it'll help, but they do need to replace Walker. Can't bring back the same crew.

Maybe the team mentally checked it in after their pal, Big Jimmy, got shipped out of town. Whatever it is, this team is sickeningly bad right now.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:48 PM)
At the time when we didn't sign Uribe I thought we were making a mistake. He might have wanted 2 0r 3 million, but he stabilized the defense and we needed that real bad.

HE would have been worth it when we had to endure Josh "can't" Fields at 3rd. Not many look back at the beginning of the season when games were given away because of over all s***ty play.