Salt Lake City

Chi Town Sox

I will be in SLC for about 4-5 days for work next week. Now I understand it is a Mormon dominated town where you used to actually have a license to get a drink - but I have heard it is different now. Has anyone ever been there and can touch upon their nightlife? Some good restaurants? Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I know your being sarcastic, but I think it's extremely sad how brainwashed these people really are. Being in IF which is a jump away from SLC, there is a heavy Mormon contingent here. From day 1, it's all about brainwashing these people to believe that the Mormon religion is the only true religion to get to the top tier of Heaven. Young kids have stuff like this whispered into their ear on a weekly basis. Adults have to contribute 10% of their earnings to the church. When they become old, they become freaks. Without a mind of their own, they are timid, but also weird. They will walk on the outside and inside of your property to snoop around. For what reason? Who really knows. The people who head the "Latter-day saints" can go f*** a goat. They are evil, twisted people deserving of the top tier of Hell instead of Heaven. And honestly, how far up your ass are you when you call yourself a "Latter-day saint"? Did God give them that name? They are a bunch of self-labeling, self-righteous dips*** assholes. I truly feel sorry for anyone who has had their life affected by LDS. On the outside for some it might seem nice and dandy. Big families, family values and such. But their minds are being controlled by evil witch doctors with the power of speech and extreme wealth. (how rich would you be if you got millions of people to give you 10% of their earnings?)

Edited by Wise Master Buehrle

QUOTE (Wise Master Buehrle @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
On the outside for some it might seem nice and dandy. Big families, family values and such. But their minds are being controlled by evil witch doctors with the power of speech and extreme wealth. (how rich would you be if you got millions of people to give you 10% of their earnings?)

Sounds a lot like Catholicism.

/'bustered...

:unsure:

Nothing to do in Salt lake City. . . are you nutz??

The Great Salt Lake is the largest hypersaline lake in the entire western hemisphere and one of the largest endorheic basins (terminal lakes) in the world. With an average salinity ranging from 2 to almost 10 times that of seawater, the lake is home to a handful of extreme halophiles such as brine shrimp (Artemia salina) and brine flies whose larvae can reach summer numbers of 370 million per linear mile of shoreline.

Now who still thinks Salt lake City is boring??

:ph34r:

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

I live about an hour south of Salt Lake City.

I really don't go there that often, but you may want to go to the Hard Rock Cafe, 505 South 600 East, Salt Lake City Tel: 801 532 762.

You may want to check out The Bayou, 645 South State Street, 801-961-8400. Getting a good drink in Utah has never been so easy. Over 200 beers available. Cajun-flair menu with classic pub fare.

One place I go to a lot and highly recommend is The Pie (for pretty good pizza). Voted "Best Pizza in Utah.", which isn't saying much I know, but really it's good and a very un-Mormon-like atmosphere. It's just off the University of Utah campus, so it's mainly frequented by college kids, but at least they're not BYU students. You can get pizza, calzones, baked subs, salads, wings, local beers on tap. Open late 7-days a week.

There's Zanzibar for live jazz and blues. Nothing quite like a good Blues place in Chicago but just the same it's SOMETHING; 677 South 200 West. Tel: 801-746-0590.

If the outdoors is your thing there's some pretty good not too far off places to hike in the Wasatch Mountains. Also Antelope Island is pretty cool.

Too bad the minor league baseball season is over. Bees games are always fun and the ballparks around here have nice mountain views.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
I live about an hour south of Salt Lake City.

I really don't go there that often, but you may want to go to the Hard Rock Cafe...

That's where I stopped reading.

Reminds me of when I asked the concierge at a nice downtown hotel in Atlanta where to eat and he recommended Cheesecake Factory. Thanks Pal. It's so difficult to find chain restaurants when I travel. *shakes head*

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)
That's where I stopped reading.

Reminds me of when I asked the concierge at a nice downtown hotel in Atlanta where to eat and he recommended Cheesecake Factory. Thanks Pal. It's so difficult to find chain restaurants when I travel. *shakes head*

Yeah whatever. I just threw that out there. So forget everything else and just go to The Pie.