Twins @ White Sox, 9/23/09

Balta1701

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 10:35 PM)
I agree you can try to win with a bunch of kids. It's what we've been doing most of the year in the infield, with our rookie 3B, our rookie (at this position) SS, and two rookie 2Bs. We have to give these kids more time to learn their positions and gel. Next year will be better than this year (could the fielding be much worse?).

I think Buehrle is still a better starting pitching option than Torres. But I do think Castro has been bad enough to warrant Flowers getting a chance to catch even while the Sox are still in "trying to win" mode.

Buerhle's velocity is down. His control isn't there. He has a lot of wear and tear on his arm. There is no reason to pitch him. If he gets hurt over the next 2 weeks because we keep trotting him out there when the division is over, then someone should lose their jobs. Shut him down. And reload for next year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 10:22 PM)
Some of you people might be happier being Pirates fans: "Stop trying to win because it's hopeless, dump everyone, and bring in a bunch of kids."

Whatever happened to "Win or Die Trying"?

ostrich.jpg

Somebody had a great post a few weeks ago on the stages we fans go through.

The final one is acceptance.

I didn't think I'd ever get there, but I've been there since Game One of the Minnie series. Acceptance.

We really had a horrible September. Wow.