Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

White Sox! White Sox!

Sleep, sleep White Sox!

Let's go, sleepy sleepy White Sox

You've been sleeping all the way!

You're always in there sleeping,

And you do your best.

To make sure you always get enough rest.

We're gonna yawn-yawn-yawn-yawn White Sox.

In case you're still not tired enough yet.

When we're in the stands,

We'll have our pajamas on;

All through September,

Just like the rest of you.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 02:34 AM)
Since we are eliminated, Flowers should be in every game for the rest of the year, and we should see more of Lillibridge, Fields, Nunez, Hudson etc.. playing.

Maybe Flowers, and you will see Nunez and Hudson, but the other guys? The Sox still have 6 very meaningful games, not for themselves, but they could determine the division champ. and no player is going to make or at least should make a lasting impression over that time. I think the Sox owe it to Minn, Det, and MLB to try to win the games against Det with their best line-ups. The games in Cleveland, let them clear out the bench. Just think how pissed you would be if it were the Sox chasing Minn at the end of the year, and Detroit had 6 games against them and Leyland played all Sept. call-ups.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 07:20 AM)
Maybe Flowers, and you will see Nunez and Hudson, but the other guys? The Sox still have 6 very meaningful games, not for themselves, but they could determine the division champ. and no player is going to make or at least should make a lasting impression over that time. I think the Sox owe it to Minn, Det, and MLB to try to win the games against Det with their best line-ups. The games in Cleveland, let them clear out the bench. Just think how pissed you would be if it were the Sox chasing Minn at the end of the year, and Detroit had 6 games against them and Leyland played all Sept. call-ups.

Meaningful games? Screw that... Empty the bench and bring on the kids. I don't give a rats ass what Detroit or Minnesota thinks and all we owe them is a bunch of beatdowns next year. I want to see the kids... That's better that seeing the vets flounder at this point. Plus I would hate to see one of the vets sustain a serious injury playing in meaningless games.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 07:20 AM)

Agree on Lillibridge and Fields.

Fields could be showcased, but since we're not going to get much for him anyway I'd rather showcase Paulie.

I still like Lillibridge as a backup 2B/SS/CF and pinch runner off the bench, but that's all we should expect out of him. Playing him doesn't really help us because ideally Lillibridge would just be a worst case scenario player where you run him out for defensive purposes if someone else gets hurt. He shouldn't be taking AB away from anyone.

Nix OTOH should get LOTS of playing time. In fact, I'd even consider putting CQ at DH for the rest of the season and playing Nix in LF just so he can get everyday AB's for the rest of the year. Rios can then play everyday between CF and RF with Pods, Dye, and Kotsay splitting the other AB's as they are all free agents after the year and whatever decisions we'd have to make about any of them have likely already been made.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 12:04 PM)
Agree on Lillibridge and Fields.

Fields could be showcased, but since we're not going to get much for him anyway I'd rather showcase Paulie.

I still like Lillibridge as a backup 2B/SS/CF and pinch runner off the bench, but that's all we should expect out of him. Playing him doesn't really help us because ideally Lillibridge would just be a worst case scenario player where you run him out for defensive purposes if someone else gets hurt. He shouldn't be taking AB away from anyone.

Nix OTOH should get LOTS of playing time. In fact, I'd even consider putting CQ at DH for the rest of the season and playing Nix in LF just so he can get everyday AB's for the rest of the year. Rios can then play everyday between CF and RF with Pods, Dye, and Kotsay splitting the other AB's as they are all free agents after the year and whatever decisions we'd have to make about any of them have likely already been made.

Brent Lillibridge should never, ever, ever take another at bat in the American League, until he learns how to hit like Nick Punto: foul pitches off to work a walk, or hit a blooper over the infield. That's all he will ever be able to do at the plate. Even then, he only has lasting value to a team that plays on a fast artificial turf surface. I can't stand Punto, and I can't stand Lillibridge.

Nix is our backup infielder, and he can actually hit in this league. We don't need Lillibridge. Trade him to the NL. Kenny and Ozzie shouldn't need to see any more of Lillibridge to realize that this is the right thing to do.

I am going to the game tonight, and if Lillibridge is in the line-up, I guess I'll have to go to the concession stands every time he picks up the bat.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
I want to lose every game until the first day of spring training and get a nice draft pick.

Scoreboard watching? Hoping Toronto, Oakland, Milwaukee, Cincinatti, Houston, and San Diego can win most of their games to finish the season. We could be picking as low as 8th if those teams win a few of their remaining games. We got Beckham at 8th last year, maybe history can repeat itself?

Edited by GO CHI SOX!

I'd like to see some fire out of the boys tonight. We still gotta compete and I wouldn't mind sticking it to the Tigers. The bottom line is no team in this division has a PRAYER against the Yankees so I guess its not the worst thing in the world we didn't win. We just didnt have the team D, speed, or offense to make it happen this year.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 02:39 PM)
I'd like to see some fire out of the boys tonight. We still gotta compete and I wouldn't mind sticking it to the Tigers. The bottom line is no team in this division has a PRAYER against the Yankees so I guess its not the worst thing in the world we didn't win. We just didnt have the team D, speed, or offense to make it happen this year.

Really? The Tigers go with a rotation of Verlander, Jackson, insert pitcher here (Porcello or Robertson or washburn) followed by Verlander and Jackson again and they don't have a prayer? Supposedly the Yankees series gets the extra offday, so they can do that on normal rest and still fire 2 aces at the Yankees in 4 games, with the odd game being in Detroit. Sabathia is still the Yankees top guy but he's struggled in the playoffs before, Burnett's been his usual inconsistent self, and then Pettitte's had some injury concerns lately.

The Tigers could easily knock off the Yankees if Verlander shows up. He pitched 14 innings against the Yankees this year and gave up 2 runs. Jackson pitched 13 innings against them and gave up 2 runs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
Really? The Tigers go with a rotation of Verlander, Jackson, insert pitcher here (Porcello or Robertson or washburn) followed by Verlander and Jackson again and they don't have a prayer? Supposedly the Yankees series gets the extra offday, so they can do that on normal rest and still fire 2 aces at the Yankees in 4 games, with the odd game being in Detroit. Sabathia is still the Yankees top guy but he's struggled in the playoffs before, Burnett's been his usual inconsistent self, and then Pettitte's had some injury concerns lately.

The Tigers could easily knock off the Yankees if Verlander shows up. He pitched 14 innings against the Yankees this year and gave up 2 runs. Jackson pitched 13 innings against them and gave up 2 runs.

I still don't give them a shot, really. The Tigers don't even have a #3 starter, and yes, their 1&2 are studs but the best they will get is a split in NY and then they will be drummed in DET