9/25 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
If Thornton is our closer, he prolly won't have many games to save with the way our setup would likely come together

We have no idea what our set-up relief pitching is going to look like yet for next season. Give Kenny a chance to work on it over the winter before you throw down with the negative outlook on things.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
We have no idea what our set-up relief pitching is going to look like yet for next season. Give Kenny a chance to work on it over the winter before you throw down with the negative outlook on things.

I don't usually take KW at face value with what he says, but I don't think he has a lot of money and he has a whole lot of s*** to fix.

Peavy has our only two wins in quite a while. Can we win a game w/out a man named Peavy on the mound?

He competes well out there. Hopefully next year he'll get us off to a good start and set the tone for a better season.

So much to fix, however. Bats silent again tonight except for the rookie stud.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 08:40 PM)
Probably not. But you can be much better than 07 and still be bad.

Certainly. But I can give you a dozen reasons why even if we don't fix a single thing, we're going to be a better team next year. I don't know if I could say that after 2007 (maybe recovery by Konerko there). We have a few holes to fill. And a really creative GM. We're going to have a different team next april, but even without a complete overhaul...we'll be in better shape than when we started this year or when we stared 2008.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
This game may very well have featured both the ace of our 2010 staff as well as our new closer.

When I saw that Bobby wasn't the closer that made me think that Thornton was going to be the closer in 2010.