Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
There's something really wrong with the clubhouse because a few guys want to watch football after games... after we've been mathematically eliminated?

(eyes rolling)

Must be that time of the month for Ozzie...

BTW, with the wins from Oakland and Cincy, the sox are now tied with Cincy for the 11th overall pick, and move a 1/2 game past Oakland. We are currently 2 back of San Diego who also won against Zona.

The past few years there has been something wrong with the clubhouse. We get rid of those players, and there are still issues. When are we going to look at the person that runs that clubhouse, and have them be held accountable? Or do we over look that because he has these useless rants that everyone just ignores because he has done that a thousand times?

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
The past few years there has been something wrong with the clubhouse. We get rid of those players, and there are still issues. When are we going to look at the person that runs that clubhouse, and have them be held accountable? Or do we over look that because he has these useless rants that everyone just ignores because he has done that a thousand times?

I think a lot of it has to do with guaranteed contracts. If one cares or doesn't care they still get their money. Try that at McDonalds. When you think of it, baseball owners are a stupid lot.

You have to lay most of this at the feet of Kenny. Despite what he says ti was a rebuilding year or he heavily under estimated the farm system he's in charge of. Look at what was on the field in April. That set the precedent for mediocrity and now they are b****ing about quitting and under achieving?

They were predicted to suck this year and they are finally settling in.

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
There's something really wrong with the clubhouse because a few guys want to watch football after games... after we've been mathematically eliminated?

(eyes rolling)

Beckham must have been watching Georgia eek out a win over Az. St. I don't see what the big deal is. Ozzie never had an alma mater to root for.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 08:30 PM)
BTW, after reading this article, it has changed my mind a little on the situation. I have a feeling that there's a particular veteran(s) that Ozzie is referring to and it wouldn't shock me at all if someone very popular with the fans is traded this offseason and many wonder why. I don't think anyone will disagree with the fact that there is something really wrong with the Sox clubhouse for a second straight year, and it's time something is done about it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,5331631.story

a little more from the suntimes....

Team captain Paul Konerko didn’t see players watching television but said he understood his manager’s frustrations.

‘‘It’s been frustrating the last couple weeks,’’ he said. ‘‘It wasn’t the greatest game [saturday]. They were building momentum, and we couldn’t stop it.

‘‘I didn’t see [Guillen] get mad. The TVs were already on [in the clubhouse]. No player turned them on. I don’t think anyone was sitting there watching [during the game].

‘‘But I’m all for no TV, no music, no kids [in the clubhouse] if we lose, so I totally understand [Guillen’s attitude].’’

Guillen talked of his frustrations about the season even before the game, saying he could sense the season was slipping away a month ago.

‘‘I thought we had a shot, but not the way we were playing,’’ he said. ‘‘I knew for the last month and a half, and as soon as we left New York [in early September during a 1-9 road trip], I knew it would be very hard to come back. You know the team you have, and you knew it was going to be tough to come back. The worst part is when you think you have a shot and you don’t turn it around.

‘‘We’ll finish third no matter if we win or lose these [last] games. But the last games [against the Tigers] could be very important for baseball [if the division race is still undecided]. My job is to make sure these guys go out and play hard.’’

Ozzie should stop running his mouth to the media and go into the clubhouse and smash some flat screens. That will make his point.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)
Read DAllen's post below. If KW really feels like so many players have quit, then why isn't the manager being held responsible?

Players should be held accountable if they quit, not the manager. If players are quitting, they should be sent packing, screw them.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 01:31 AM)
Freddy wasn't bad. He was great then he got dinked around and a lot of singles.

Freddy should be in the rotation next year unless he gets real fat this winter.

I love Oz's rant!

Freddy got his ass kicked, Greg. 10 hits and 1 hr allowed is not a very good night.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
BTW, after reading this article, it has changed my mind a little on the situation. I have a feeling that there's a particular veteran(s) that Ozzie is referring to and it wouldn't shock me at all if someone very popular with the fans is traded this offseason and many wonder why. I don't think anyone will disagree with the fact that there is something really wrong with the Sox clubhouse for a second straight year, and it's time something is done about it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,5331631.story

who is the veteran?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 12:33 AM)
Freddy got his ass kicked, Greg. 10 hits and 1 hr allowed is not a very good night.

He was left one inning too long no doubt. He was really good for 6 innings, and even fans from the park were yelling at Ozzie why he was left in, in the 7th. As soon as the first 2 men got on, he should had been pulled. Freddy is still not quite there yet as far as arm strength.