Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)
Seriously. If Tony Pena and Scott Linebrink are our main setup guys with Thornton as the closer, we're f***ed next year.

But at least we'll have the same coaching staff. <_>

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 07:43 PM)
You know he already reached the amount of at bats for the contract option to kick in, right?

what a s***ty organization.

Oh word? I thought it was 550. Eh, they are a s***ty organization anyway.

Ah it was 1080 for two years.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 03:24 AM)
Ozzie just had a nice tirade. Something about the players not caring and watching football games.

I'm so sick of Ozzie and Kenny trying to rip on the effort of the players. Maybe it's time for Ozzie to look into the mirror and realize these players have tuned him out. His performance during the 2nd half of the season would have gotten many managers fired.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
I'm so sick of Ozzie and Kenny trying to rip on the effort of the players. Maybe it's time for Ozzie to look into the mirror and realize these players have tuned him out. His performance during the 2nd half of the season would have gotten many managers fired.

Not much else for him to do. None of his players are producing.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
Seriously. If Tony Pena and Scott Linebrink are our main setup guys with Thornton as the closer, we're f***ed next year.

In Sept. 2004 if someone told you Dustin Hermanson, Politte and Cotts would be the primary set up guys for Shingo until Shingo failed and Hermanson took over but he would hurt his back and some guy the Angels are about to waive would become the closer, what would you think? Relievers are different than any other player. I think it entirely possible Pena and Linebrink are actually good next year.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
It's truly unbelievable how little accountability you place on the players.

We've been told how many times that players quitting was something you would never see from an Ozzie Guillen managed team? I hope KW is serious and dumps whoever he believes quit no matter what their status with the team.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 09:51 PM)
Relievers are different than any other player. I think it entirely possible Pena and Linebrink are actually good next year.

I got a real good feeling about Pena as well. A good full year, especially with Cooper possibly working on tweaks in spring training and it wouldn't surprise me if he's our best reliever next year even with Thornton. Linebrink is more hit or miss, especially being older and the AL knowing him more now.

BTW, after reading this article, it has changed my mind a little on the situation. I have a feeling that there's a particular veteran(s) that Ozzie is referring to and it wouldn't shock me at all if someone very popular with the fans is traded this offseason and many wonder why. I don't think anyone will disagree with the fact that there is something really wrong with the Sox clubhouse for a second straight year, and it's time something is done about it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,5331631.story

Edited by fathom