Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

SoxAce

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Jermaine seemed extremely shaken up in the clubhouse prior to the game. He knows he's not coming back.

As bad as he has been this 2nd half, I would love to see a standing O for him after his last AB whether the 7th, 8th, or 9th.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
Nice hit. Amazing what you can do when you drive the ball where it's pitched, CQ.

He has a quick bat sometimes.

If CQ woud quit trying to murder the ball all the time I think he woud be much more productive and be up there around .300

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
Wow, great turn-around by Hudson.

He's gotten alot of breaks so far, but has battled his ass off. If he can give us a Freddy-like game as far as 6 solid innings from yesterday, we'll be in good shape. I just wish he got more run support.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
Rios got owned there.

Dye is not finished yet. Maybe in Chicago, but he's not done.

I will say this here and now and continue to say it. I think the Sox would be making a mistake to drop Jermaine Dye. He should get a two year deqal in Chicxago. We have no one ready in the minors to take his place as far as I cn see at least not for another year or two. Trades and fre agency aren't there in my opinion.

I will say this here and now and continue to say it. I think the Sox would be making a mistake to drop Jermaine Dye. He should get a two year deqal in Chicxago. We have no one ready in the minors to take his place as far as I cn see at least not for another year or two. Trades and fre agency aren't there in my opinion.

It's at the point where his bat and glove hurt the team. I don't want him back at all.

The problem many have with Dye is he is getting worse in rightfield. I still say he has not been a disaster out there in his career. People rarely remember the past, however, and he seems to have had a pretty bad year defensively in right.

He takes a long time to get those long legs moving.

I think we'll definitely miss his bat. People give others the beneifit of the doubt like for sure they will rebound because of their "track records." Like Rios. Many aren't believing in Jermaine cause he's been here so long.

Sad.

He'll have a good year at DH somewhere next year. I guess it won't be in Chicago.

I would like to ask Dye haters a question. Why are you convinced you can't write off his performance as a "bad second half." WHy is he different from other guys who had a "bad half" and will definitely rebound??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 07:00 PM)
It's at the point where his bat and glove hurt the team. I don't want him back at all.

Dye is healthy. Healthy knees and legs and I have seen some very good defense from JD and his throwing arm is strong. The talk about him being a poor defender doesn't ring true in my book

Dye is healthy. Healthy knees and legs and I have seen some very good defense from JD and his throwing arm is strong. The talk about him being a poor defender doesn't ring true in my book

Are we watching the same Jermaine Dye? I thought it was pretty much agreed upon by everybody that he has no range anymore. He has been pretty bad in the field.

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
Are we watching the same Jermaine Dye? I thought it was pretty much agreed upon by everybody that he has no range anymore. He has been pretty bad in the field.

I would ask the Dye detractors that question :lol: