Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

SoxAce

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
Dye is healthy. Healthy knees and legs and I have seen some very good defense from JD and his throwing arm is strong. The talk about him being a poor defender doesn't ring true in my book

There are worse right-fielders in MLB. But it isn't a very long list.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we lead the league in popups or if all teams pop it up like we do.

Our offense is lame.

I don't think it's on Walker, but if we need a scapegoat he would be a good choice.

The hitters should take him out for dinner after the season since they've made him look so bad most of the season.

Our hitting has sucked of course.

Can you imagine how much better a team we'd be next year if we could get seven innings out of our starters

like in the old days?

We'd only have to use our lousy set guys in the eighth and use lefty/righty matchups, then go to

our closer in the ninth.

Shouldn't baseball teams go to a six man rotation in an attempt to get quality starters to work seven

effective innings? We'd be a helluva team if our starters could go seven full innings.

This game is familiar to yesterday. Our starter will get hit in sixth, seventh and no offense. Trouble is brewing.

How can you pitch such a fine game and walk the bases loaded suddenly?

Youth.

Edited by greg775

5 BBs for Hudson who never showed this wildness in the minors. Goes to show that he might be quite ready yet, or needs a tad more work on his location.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 02:21 PM)
This game is familiar to yesterday. Our starter will get hit in sixth, seventh and no offense. Trouble is brewing.

How can you pitch such a fine game and walk the bases loaded suddenly?

Youth.

Probably why more people are more comfortable with a veteran manning the 5th next year especially a cheap Freddy. Let him get his arm stronger in ST and he'll be very effective.

Edited by SoxAce

Hudson gets a B plus for his six innings.

If I was Oz, I'd let him start the second but have the relievers ready in case he walks the leadoff hitter or gives up ONE hit.

That's unless he has some wildly high pitch count.

I don't see how he can put in Pena/Liney. Those guys will make all the fans puke, except the Tiger fans.