Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

SoxAce

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
Uh... He is batting something like .180 the past two months. His range is absolutely awful. You can see it by watching him or by looking at the stats. That's why the Dye detractors look at him the way they do. Why do you think he is still good?

He might be more suited as a DH.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
He probably won't because he is a White Sox. There's a lot of anti White Sox bias when it comes out to giving awards.

How so?

No way Porcello should get it over Beckham.

Hudson is done.

6 IP

3 H

2 R

2 ER

5 BB

4 SO

The walks won't get it done up here rook, but he was very effective today which is good to see. I usually hate seeing the sox win nowadays to mess up their draft status, but I want to see Hudson get his first ML win today so hopefully the lead holds up.

The walks were bad, but weren't two in one inning and three in another?

It seems like he lost it for whatever reason. He'll correct the problem in the future as he did today.

Now it's in the s***ty bullpen's hands.

You may get your wish on the better draft pick. Who cares about the draft?

There are tons of good players available in round one, most who don't pan out.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
No way Porcello should get it over Beckham.

Of course, if you ask people in Detroit, they'd say no way Beckham should get it over Porcello.

But if I had to bet money... I'd say it's neither one of them.

I think Jeff Niemann is going to get it.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
Greg, you were saying the same stuff to us in 2007 about not worrying about losing games because we shouldn't care about the draft. I can't believe you're still saying the same stuff after the Beckham experience.

It's unbelievable really. I don't see you as a troll at all Greg, but I can now understand why some posters here say it cause you like to get a rise out of people. I'd rather be picking in the top 10 than in the 11-15 range anyday. That's a difference on potentially getting Anthony Ranaudo (who me and Thunderbolt really like) and Kyle Blair.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
Greg, you were saying the same stuff to us in 2007 about not worrying about losing games because we shouldn't care about the draft. I can't believe you're still saying the same stuff after the Beckham experience.

Here's the question I have about the draft and Beckham. Are you or anyone sure the Sox would have drafted Beckham had they had a higher pick and someone else was available? I think the Sox had the worst record in baseball at one point in August that year, but had a decent September. If the Sox had the 4th pick, or 1st maybe they pick someone else. I really don't know. Maybe they had Beckham #1 on their board all along. I think he will be #1 on that board 20 years from now. They were 15-12 in Sept. that year. Maybe they would have drafted Smoak. He'll probably be a pretty good player, but I think Beckham is and always will be better.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)
It's unbelievable really. I don't see you as a troll at all Greg, but I can now understand why some posters here say it cause you like to get a rise out of people. I'd rather be picking in the top 10 than in the 11-15 range anyday. That's a difference on potentially getting Anthony Ranaudo (who me and Thunderbolt really like) and Kyle Blair.

Is is bad that as soon as you said Anthony Ranaudo, i dropped my pants?

Here's the question I have about the draft and Beckham. Are you or anyone sure the Sox would have drafted Beckham had they had a higher pick and someone else was available? I think the Sox had the worst record in baseball at one point in August that year, but had a decent September. If the Sox had the 4th pick, or 1st maybe they pick someone else. I really don't know. Maybe they had Beckham #1 on their board all along. I think he will be #1 on that board 20 years from now. They were 15-12 in Sept. that year. Maybe they would have drafted Smoak. He'll probably be a pretty good player, but I think Beckham is and always will be better.

He said it better than me!!! How can you argue with this? This is my position on the draft. It's a f***ing crapshoot.

I could give a s*** about the f***ing draft.

Thank you Dick Allen.

And I still don't know what a f***ing troll is. I'm as good a Sox fan as any of you.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)

Smoak is going to be a beast

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)

Laumann, KW etc.. have already been quoted that Beckham was #1 on their board, they thought he had no shot on falling to them. And I didn't like Smoak comming out but the kid looks like he's going to the real deal and don't be surprised as other scouts have said that he will be better than Beckham in the long run who beat him here first.