Sign in to follow this  
SoxAce

Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
Here's the question I have about the draft and Beckham. Are you or anyone sure the Sox would have drafted Beckham had they had a higher pick and someone else was available? I think the Sox had the worst record in baseball at one point in August that year, but had a decent September. If the Sox had the 4th pick, or 1st maybe they pick someone else. I really don't know. Maybe they had Beckham #1 on their board all along. I think he will be #1 on that board 20 years from now. They were 15-12 in Sept. that year. Maybe they would have drafted Smoak. He'll probably be a pretty good player, but I think Beckham is and always will be better.

The Sox thought they had no prayer of getting Gordon in the draft, so he must have been very high on their chart.

If you guys like to follow the draft, fine. But there are a ton of good players out there in the top 10, 15, 20.

I don't root for my team to lose ever ... not over some unknown like the draft.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
Another good test for Thornton today as our future closer.

I am afraid Jenks will be back next year as the closer and Matt as the set up guy in the 8th

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
I am afraid Jenks will be back next year as the closer and Matt as the set up guy in the 8th

I'd put the chances of Jenks being back at 25%.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
I'd put the chances of Jenks being back at 25%.

Not real sure of any odds I would give right now, but the talk by Ozzie and KW make me think he will be back.

Carlos Quentin with the long ball!!! 8-2 Sox. CQ has 4 RBI's today and he is my PTC so I think I might have picked up a win myself today

Last home game of the season so it's nice to go out of Chicago on a winning note. Hopefully that carries over in 2010. I have agood feeling about next year.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 09:34 PM)
You're gonna love his nuts.

Knight ole buddy. DSo me a favor and go back over all the PTC's. I think I should have won about adozen more than what I have. :lolhitting

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 04:37 PM)
Knight ole buddy. Do me a favor and go back over all the PTC's. I think I should have won about adozen more than what I have. :lolhitting

You and me both, brother. You'd think that I'dremember to post my pick since I'm running the thing.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
You and me both, brother. You'd think that I'dremember to post my pick since I'm running the thing.

I noticed that sometimes you forgot to make your own pick.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)
Sucky season, but they look better than they did at the end of 2007.

/post 100

Attention whore.. :P

BTW I'm 2-0 in game threads this year.. **Attention whore as well** :D