9/30 Sox vs Cleveland 3:05 pm CSN - Gm 1

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 01:16 PM)
According to Gonzales...

Sox's lineup: Pods lf, Beckham 3b, KOTSAY dh, RIOS cf, Fields 1b, Wise rf, Flowers c, Nix 2b, Lillibridge ss, Torres p

Isn't that two nights in a row with AJ and Dye sitting? Maybe one of those two was the "TV" guy, if not both.

More like just a game that has nothing to do with with teams like the Tigers or Twins where Ozzie would use a better lineup because he doesnt want to be at less then his best for teams still in the race.

Real ugly. Cannot wait until fields, wise, and lillibridge are entirely out of this organization. They all do nothing but disgust me. Pretty pissed they are all out there again tonight, as none of them serve a purpose for the future.

The sox will probably score 10 tonight.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
Real ugly. Cannot wait until fields, wise, and lillibridge are entirely out of this organization. They all do nothing but disgust me. Pretty pissed they are all out there again tonight, as none of them serve a purpose for the future.

The sox will probably score 10 tonight.

I still think Fields is one mechanical change away from being a good hitter. He just seems unable to change that one thing, for whatever reason. I can't remember the last time I saw a hitter struggle where you could clearly see one, specific, mechanical thing, that is so obviously causing them a problem, and yet the player can't adjust.

I agree on Wise and Lillibridge though, and Fields won't be with the org in 2010 either I'm fairly certain.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
'' The catch'', duh.

Josh Fields has said that’d he be willing to play 3b, 1b, or the OF as long as it allowed him to play everyday. If I’m the White Sox I’m sticking him in LF for the next series, and assuming he doesn’t make an ass of himself, he might even raise some of his value.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
I still think Fields is one mechanical change away from being a good hitter. He just seems unable to change that one thing, for whatever reason. I can't remember the last time I saw a hitter struggle where you could clearly see one, specific, mechanical thing, that is so obviously causing them a problem, and yet the player can't adjust.

I agree on Wise and Lillibridge though, and Fields won't be with the org in 2010 either I'm fairly certain.

What is that mechanical change you speak of? Literally falling to his knees after getting blown away by 88-90 mile an hour fastballs seems to myself that he is incompetent of playing at the major league level, versus him just having just a small flaw in his mechanics.

Fields has not done anything even remotely noteworthy in two full seasons, between both the majors and the minors, and he is only getting older, tick tick, tick tock. You hit the nail on the head, fields has done very little if anything to adjust. Fields especially, and maybe the organization also, cannot grasp that the only way to know longer make the same mistake, is to accept that you are doing something wrong in the first place. Considering fields is only hurting the team due to being a glaring hole offensively and defensively, while continually regressing, it seems like an easy choice to cut our losses. It's more than time to put the burden that is josh fields on someone else.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
What is that mechanical change you speak of? Literally falling to his knees after getting blown away by 88-90 mile an hour fastballs seems to myself that he is incompetent of playing at the major league level, versus him just having just a small flaw in his mechanics.

Fields has not done anything even remotely noteworthy in two full seasons, between both the majors and the minors, and he is only getting older, tick tick, tick tock. You hit the nail on the head, fields has done very little if anything to adjust. Fields especially, and maybe the organization also, cannot grasp that the only way to know longer make the same mistake, is to accept that you are doing something wrong in the first place. Considering fields is only hurting the team due to being a glaring hole offensively and defensively, while continually regressing, it seems like an easy choice to cut our losses. It's more than time to put the burden that is josh fields on someone else.

Defensively I agree, and yes he has regressed at the plate, in a way.

Watch his swing. His entire problem, as far as I can see is his bat load. Instead of bringing the hands straight back then swinging, he pumps the hands down, then up, then goes into his swing. I've seen him NOT do that at times, and he can catch up to fastballs just fine that way - but its not his natural motion. His regression isn't because he has regressed as a hitter - its because pitchers figured out that he can't catch up to pitches due to that flaw. That is my read on his swing.

He's gone in any case. But I also think that if he can adjust his bat load, he could very well be a serious power hitter in the majors. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion on it. Since he hasn't done that yet, I am not sure he can or will make the adjustment - that remains to be seen.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
It's not as if Fields is taking playing time away from some hot 1B prospect. They are hoping he does well, which might increase his trade value (which currently sits at next to nothing) ever so slightly.

Teams have more than enough to go off of to know what they are gonna get out of josh fields that six games, eight games, fifteen games, etc... will not alter their perception of the type of player fields is.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 04:05 PM)
So what I'm getting is that you'd rather they drug him out to the street and shot him rather than let him spell Konerko in a meaningless game?

He just serves no purpose on a major league roster in my eyes, no matter what point of the season it is. I can see how you would mistake the two though.