9/30 Sox vs Cleveland 3:05 pm CSN - Gm 1

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (tommy @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)
There is an article on the official website, the youngsters will be seeing most of the playing time from now on.

Not sure why everyone is surprised, I doubt it has anything to do with the 'college football incident'

Josh Fields is no youngster to the Sox. But, if tbey want to play him that isn't an issue except Ozzie mentioned putting the best pitchers and I am assuming hitters out there against the Tigers this coming weekend, if the games mean something.

When it was metnioned that Fields had a flaw in his swing I was going to agree and say that it was missing the ball with his bat or vice versa :lolhitting He showed promise for half aseason awhile back and folks were praising him as the next Babe Ruth

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
It's not as if Fields is taking playing time away from some hot 1B prospect. They are hoping he does well, which might increase his trade value (which currently sits at next to nothing) ever so slightly.

My arguement is to stop Wise from playing. Put Fields in the OF, let Nix and Getz gets more AB's.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 04:55 PM)
My arguement is to stop Wise from playing. Put Fields in the OF, let Nix and Getz gets more AB's.

Well Getz is done for the season, so now Nix can play everyday now and I guess we'll have to see Wise get more abs. :(

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
Good, postponed...thats what you get for stealing my thread when I won lat night...2 hours before gametime money!!! LOL

I specifically didn't start a game thread, I only posted the lineup at 3pm. Someone else made it into the gamethread.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
I still think Fields is one mechanical change away from being a good hitter. He just seems unable to change that one thing, for whatever reason. I can't remember the last time I saw a hitter struggle where you could clearly see one, specific, mechanical thing, that is so obviously causing them a problem, and yet the player can't adjust.

I agree on Wise and Lillibridge though, and Fields won't be with the org in 2010 either I'm fairly certain.

Fields is SOOO long on his swing. Unless he fixes that, he is a classic AAAA guy.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Josh Fields has said that’d he be willing to play 3b, 1b, or the OF as long as it allowed him to play everyday. If I’m the White Sox I’m sticking him in LF for the next series, and assuming he doesn’t make an ass of himself, he might even raise some of his value.

He still can't catch a baseball.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 08:06 AM)
which tells you everything you need to know about the national league

That doesn't make any sense considering there are dynamic pitchers in his division like Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Ubaldo Jimenez, and 2 of the top pitchers in the MLB are on his team.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 09:43 AM)
I miss Juan Uribe

Do you miss him enough to have him playing 3rd everyday and Gordon Beckham being called up for September call ups. In the end, if Uribe is on the team Beckham isn't option 1 to replace Fields at 3rd. Beckham >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Uribe

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 10:35 AM)
That doesn't make any sense considering there are dynamic pitchers in his division like Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Ubaldo Jimenez, and 2 of the top pitchers in the MLB are on his team.

ok well when he was in this division he was facign CC sabathia, Johan Santana, Justin Verlander etc who IMO are better than those guys you mentioned

in addition...those guys you mentioned have only ever played in the NL....by no means am I saying they are bad and I'd take them all on the Sox in a heartbeat, but I don't think those guys would be quite as "dynamic" if they played in the AL

Also, in my opinion, the difference in the AL/NL talent hasn't necessarily been at the top, but rather a complete and utter lack of depth in the NL, which is why you see guys like penny and smoltz (the list could go on and on) get crushed in the AL, but put up decent numbers in the NL