Rotten Tomatoes: Worst of the Worst

BigSqwert

QUOTE (3E8 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
I Heart Huckabees was the worst movie I've ever seen, I'm surprised it got favorable reviews. That Ang Lee Hulk was really horrible as well

Strong disagreement on Huckabees, which I think is intelligently written and in which I think Mark Wahlberg was especially good. Minor disagreement on Ang's Hulk because I give him credit for sticking by his guns and giving the Big Guy purple pants.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 09:56 PM)
Yeah. Date Movie, Meet The Spartans, etc. are meant to be bad because they are parodies.

Parodies don't have to be bad by definition, and that's the difference between Date Movie, Meet The Spartans, etc., and a parody that succeeds on its own right as a film.

I'm not saying it's easy, but I'll posit Young Frankenstein as Exhibit A. One of my top 5 favorite all-time films, an outstanding parody of the classic Universal Monster films, and a visually satisfying, meticulously designed film in it's own right.

An unfair comparison, I realize. I think Young Frankenstein is Mel Brook's masterpoiece, and is an order of magnitude better than anything else he ever did (and I'm a fan of quite a bit of it).

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
Parodies don't have to be bad by definition, and that's the difference between Date Movie, Meet The Spartans, etc., and a parody that succeeds on its own right as a film.

I'm not saying it's easy, but I'll posit Young Frankenstein as Exhibit A. One of my top 5 favorite all-time films, an outstanding parody of the classic Universal Monster films, and a visually satisfying, meticulously designed film in it's own right.

An unfair comparison, I realize. I think Young Frankenstein is Mel Brook's masterpoiece, and is an order of magnitude better than anything else he ever did (and I'm a fan of quite a bit of it).

But most of the movies Knight mentioned were intentionally bad. Brooks wasn't going for that.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 08:29 PM)
I Heart Huckabees was the worst movie I've ever seen, I'm surprised it got favorable reviews.

Everytime I hear about this movie, I flashback to Stewie getting sucked into the TV on Family Guy screaming "This sucks worse than I Heart Huckabees!!"

I didnt go through the whole list but if Crossover isnt on the list it loses all credibility. Actually, if it isnt in the top 3 it loses credibility. Also, I forgot the name but there is some movie with Paris Hilton that better be on there. It was about some college baseball player liked her but she was dating a rich guy. No night vision in that one.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
I didnt go through the whole list but if Crossover isnt on the list it loses all credibility. Actually, if it isnt in the top 3 it loses credibility. Also, I forgot the name but there is some movie with Paris Hilton that better be on there. It was about some college baseball player liked her but she was dating a rich guy. No night vision in that one.

It was there. #20

The Hottie and The Nottie was on there. #67

Glitter should've been in the top 10. And lol@One missed call. I saw that with a friend of mine. We literally demanded our money back (we obviously didn't get a dime back) after seeing that garbage. One movie that wasn't on the list that severely disappointed me was The Hillz Have Eyes part 2. I still die a little inside when I think about that epic disaster.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
But most of the movies Knight mentioned were intentionally bad. Brooks wasn't going for that.

I think the stated premise of going for intentionally bad is a copout. Nobody intends to make a bad film. Sure, parody films intend to send up the core attributes of the films they are satirizing, and they usualy do that on a shoestring budget. But the ones that succeed do so because they are FUNNY, not because they are bad on purpose. The movies Knight mentioned were shooting for funny, but according to critics (I haven't seen them), they have to settle for just being bad.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

Out of all of these movies in this list these are the ones I have seen and enjoyed...

#97 Boat Trip

#94 The New Guy

#74 Envy

#71 College

#64 Corky Romano

#61 Good Luck Chuck

#39 Miss March

#36 The Whole Ten Yards

#33 Delta Farce

#30 Fear Dot Com

#25 Meet The Spartans

#18 The Master of Disguise

#10 Witless Protection

#7 Strange Wilderness

#2 One Missed Call

A few things.. Miss March and Strange Wilderness were really funny and I loved them, I don't know why they are on here. The others I wont argue with it, they aren't great movies but I did enjoy them. Ive seen a bunch of other movies on this list as well, how have some of you only seen 1 or 2? I guess I just watch way more movies than the average person does.

Knight, Zoom isn't the Disney superhero movie. That was "Sky High" with Kurt Russell..

The one positive review Alone in the Dark had was changed by the author after she received so much negative feedback in her comments section, and then her review was deleted all together. So that should be 0/114 instead of 1/115. Uwe Boll is Ed Wood reincarnated.

Out of all of these movies in this list these are the ones I have seen and enjoyed...

#97 Boat Trip

#94 The New Guy

#74 Envy

#71 College

#64 Corky Romano

#61 Good Luck Chuck

#39 Miss March

#36 The Whole Ten Yards

#33 Delta Farce

#30 Fear Dot Com

#25 Meet The Spartans

#10 Witless Protection

#7 Strange Wilderness

#2 One Missed Call

A few things.. Miss March and Strange Wilderness were really funny and I loved them, I don't know why they are on here. The others I wont argue with it, they aren't great movies but I did enjoy them. Ive seen a bunch of other movies on this list as well, how have some of you only seen 1 or 2? I guess I just watch way more movies than the average person does.

Man your taste in movies really sucks.

I remember you being the only one who liked Strange Wilderness, and College, REALLY? That knock off of Superbad was so f***ing horrible. There's only one part I recall laughing and it was when the McLovin knockoff threw a bottle at a truck while drunk in the street. Brian and the guy holding the camcorder agreed with me.

I've seen

The Hottie and the Nottie

The Fog (gee, another horror remake)

Good Luck Chuck

88 Minutes

Dirty Love (you see Jenny's tits in it)

Kickin' It Old School

Meet the Spartans

Disaster Movie

Epic Movie

Crossover

The Master of Disguise

Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever

and they were all dreadful.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)
Freddy Got Fingered should be #1. I didn't see it on the list and I guess it was so bad that it got forgotten.

I may be the only one who found that movie some what humorous. :ph34r:

I guess going in knowing its going to be stupid, I could enjoy it.

Edited by Stocking

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 01:14 AM)

#97 Boat Trip

#94 The New Guy

#74 Envy

#71 College

#64 Corky Romano

#61 Good Luck Chuck

#39 Miss March

#36 The Whole Ten Yards

#33 Delta Farce

#30 Fear Dot Com

#25 Meet The Spartans

#10 Witless Protection

#7 Strange Wilderness

#2 One Missed Call

You watch an awful lot of crap, but kudos to you I guess for being willing to admit that you do and you like it.

I admit to loving old crappy movies from the 50's and 60's. I've always loved 'em for what they are.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 04:38 AM)
Man your taste in movies really sucks.

Not really, I just watch everything instead of just some things.

I am pretty sure all of the movies you really like I have seen too, so don't get it confused like that list I made was like my favorite movies or something, they were just movies that I have watched in the past that I enjoyed.

I would think they missed some really bad movies. And I agree with the posts that they should not have included the parodies that were supposed to be bad. But, they based their top 100 on critic reviews and their Fresh-Meter. Everyone knows that critics are not going to like Date Movie or Epic Movie.

I was surprised that I only saw two from the list: A Sound of Thunder (which was horrific and a slap in the face to the awesome short story) and Dragonfly (which I actually thought was a decent movie).

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 08:05 AM)
I was surprised that I only saw two from the list: A Sound of Thunder (which was horrific and a slap in the face to the awesome short story) and Dragonfly (which I actually thought was a decent movie).

I remember wanting to see SOUND OF THUNDER when it came out because of the short story. Than after reading the reviews I declined.