9/30 Sox @ Cle 6:05pm - Gm 2

Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
We're going to regret throwing out Buehrle for another game if his last start is any indication. He was obviously laboring through the game, with only a modest 81-83mph fastball and a high 70's looping curveball to show for his effort.

We have no other pitchers right now.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 10:37 PM)
We're going to regret throwing out Buehrle for another game if his last start is any indication. He was obviously laboring through the game, with only a modest 81-83mph fastball and a high 70's looping curveball to show for his effort.

I know what you are saying, but what if we were in this race and maybe looking at post season and Buerhle was already finished? He has the off season to recover and I think he wanted to pitch anyway. As ineffective as he has been, or maybe inconsistent is a better word, Buerhle is still a competitor

QUOTE (League @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)
Wes Whisler. Justin Cassell. Kyle McCulloch, any of the young guys that could be added and pitched would be better than burls. He needs to be shut down.

I was surprised no one was brought up for a little sip of that proverbial cup of coffee.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 06:00 PM)
I know what you are saying, but what if we were in this race and maybe looking at post season and Buerhle was already finished? He has the off season to recover and I think he wanted to pitch anyway. As ineffective as he has been, or maybe inconsistent is a better word, Buerhle is still a competitor

Sure, that'd be a dilemma if we were in it; but we're not.

I suppose it's a good sign that he has already hit 86mph. I don't think he exceeded 84 the entire last game.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 08:48 PM)
Hell of a game thread. Sox throw a shutout and we can't even get 3 pages of talking.

I guess they are too busy eating crow. Glad to see M.B. end the season string and turn some of the posters into complete dumbasses.

QUOTE (League @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 06:00 PM)
Wes Whisler. Justin Cassell. Kyle McCulloch, any of the young guys that could be added and pitched would be better than burls. He needs to be shut down.

One of those guys just got pulled from the 40 man roster. Another one will never see it.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
The boxscore for this game was hilarious. Great time to get our s*** together, when there's so little to play for.

Dude, the Indians suck. I hardly call this "getting our s*** together." We missed the playoffs because we weren't worth of them. No matter what happens now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
Dude, the Indians suck. I hardly call this "getting our s*** together." We missed the playoffs because we weren't worth of them. No matter what happens now.

Wait, they've lost like 21 of their last 26, haven't they? Okay, i revoke my previous statement. I do hope we play the Tigers hard this week.