Fitting Ending to 2009 Season

shago

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:52 AM)
Hopefully KW follows JP's career-ending signing/lead and dumps Rios, what a stiff...

Looking forward to watching some pitching in 2010, hopefully an exciting off-season and a new line-up coming.

He is a .280 career hitter who hits lots of doubles and had a horrible horrible season. He is under contract for a long time. Get used to him. My guess is he bounces back, what do I base this on. His career numbers.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
He is a .280 career hitter who hits lots of doubles and had a horrible horrible season. He is under contract for a long time. Get used to him. My guess is he bounces back, what do I base this on. His career numbers.

You can look at Paul Konerko's 2003 season as something to give you hope.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 07:59 AM)
You can look at Paul Konerko's 2003 season as something to give you hope.

Didn't Paulie play through an injury in '03?

If Rios hits .270, hits 18 HRs, and plays his usual defense next year, I'll be satisfied.

Fitting end to the season? Give me a f***ing break. I can think of about 45840752723793287 things that happened over the course of the last 6 months that was 50 times more symbolic of this overall failed season than Rios grounding into a DP to end an absolutely meaningless game from our point of view. The I hate Rios gang seriously needs to give it a rest.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
Hopefully KW follows JP's career-ending signing/lead and dumps Rios, what a stiff...

Looking forward to watching some pitching in 2010, hopefully an exciting off-season and a new line-up coming.

So would you like to try and get Anderson back to play CF? Or how about put Wise back out there.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)
Fitting end to the season? Give me a f***ing break. I can think of about 45840752723793287 things that happened over the course of the last 6 months that was 50 times more symbolic of this overall failed season than Rios grounding into a DP to end an absolutely meaningless game from our point of view. The I hate Rios gang seriously needs to give it a rest.

I agree 100%. Rios will rebound. Whether or not he gets back to .280 with 20+ HRs only time will tell. But, like others have posted, .270 with 15-20 HRs and 20+ steals and I'll be more than satisfied.

Walker will fix him right? ...and if we're playing the career numbers game with a guy who doesn't look the same before and after he signed a huge deal, it should be pointed out his career OPS+ is 101. A tick above average. Not worth $12 million per, and not worth it in RF where he'll eventually end up.

Walker will fix him right? ...and if we're playing the career numbers game with a guy who doesn't look the same before and after he signed a huge deal, it should be pointed out his career OPS+ is 101. A tick above average. Not worth $12 million per, and not worth it in RF where he'll eventually end up.

Your bias against Rios is just getting obnoxious. Stupid comments like the part I bolded make it annoying. He is a great center fielder. What makes you think he will end up in RF? Is it that unrealistic that he will play in CF throughout his contract with us?

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
He is a great center fielder. What makes you think he will end up in RF? Is it that unrealistic that he will play in CF throughout his contract with us?

Maybe because Ozzie would start Pods in CF over him way too often? :huh

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
Maybe because Ozzie would start Pods in CF over him way too often? :huh

If Podsednik resigns. I don't think it's completely unreasonable for Podsednik to get like a 3-year, $15 mill contract based off of this season, and I sure as hell hope the White Sox aren't the team giving it to him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:52 AM)

+1

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
If Podsednik resigns. I don't think it's completely unreasonable for Podsednik to get like a 3-year, $15 mill contract based off of this season, and I sure as hell hope the White Sox aren't the team giving it to him.

Given his age, injury history, poor defense, and poor base running, I'd say it'll be more like 2 yr/$8M. Agreed that the Sox should spend elsewhere, though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)
Fitting end to the season?

Yep, grounding into a double play was a fitting end. And ending the disappointing season was one of the most disappointing acquisitions. Instead of the spark to ignite a pennant run, he pissed in the punch. I think he came in with too much expectations. I suspect next season to be much kinder to him.

Here's to a better 2010 :cheers

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:18 PM)

Yeah because we all know that all KW has to do is dust off the ole time machine and go back and get the Ken Griffey Jr. of 1995 to play center field for us, right?

I mean COME ON... how long have we been dying for a true center fielder? We finally get one and some of you guys are complaining like he's been here for years. Give the guy at least a full season. I believe the guy will mash for us next year. I'm still pumped about getting him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
The I hate Dye gang seriously needs to give it a rest as well.

i dont hate dye. i just would like someone younger and more athletic out there in rf(or lf depending if cq plays rf) we had the worst defense and i would like the sox to improve next year. if u want him back as a dh, fine. but not in the of

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
And I don't hate Rios, either. I don't.

I hate what my own eyes saw of him this season. I have said a million times he gets a clean slate. He's 0-for-0 now. But many aren't giving Dye close to a clean slate.

Be happy to say to JD "start fresh this april" if he was resigned...but I've seen enough of his defense to only be willing to say that if he was in the DH slot.