Miguel Cabrera got drunk with Sox players Friday night?

scenario

http://blog.mlive.com/cutoffman/2009/10/re...ra_parties.html

Looks like Ozzie pulled out all the stops to win that final series. LOL.

October 5, Detroit Free Press reports: Miguel Cabrera parties with White Sox, drives home with .26 blood alcohol level. Fights with wife. He gets scratches and bruises on face. 911 is called. He gets picked up at police station by Dave Dombrowski at 7:30am.

Miguel Cabrera might be the Tigers' first baseman on the field. But off the field early Saturday morning, he was one of the boys out too late with his buddies, according to the Birmingham Police.

The buddies were players from the Chicago White Sox, who Cabrera was partying with after Friday night's game at Birmingham's Townsend Hotel, Birmingham Police Chief Richard Patterson said.

But when he got home, his wife wasn't happy he'd been out drinking so late, Patterson said. Roseann Cabrera called 911 at 6:05 a.m. to report the two were fighting, according to reports.

But after investigators determined both Cabrera and his wife were "aggressors" in the situation, Patterson said, the first baseman was released. Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski picked Cabrera up at the station between 7:30 and 8 a.m. Saturday, he added.

Edited by scenario

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
I read a rumor on Motown sports where he has busted for a DUI. The article mentions his BAC but nothing about a DUI. .26 is ridiculous.

I'm hearing domestic abuse reports too. Might explain the scratches on his face.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
and hangovers get worse with age, even if you learn to tolerate them a bit better

Meh, Cabrera is a month younger than me, and I didn't have a hangover after Friday night. If there's ever a time my BAC approached .26, it was that night. You just have to manage things well at the very end if possible. I'm sure he was given plenty of fluids in his holding cell and Dombrowsky probably arrived with a few farking powerades!

Of course, he went 0-for-the-weekend, so hopefully the Tigers lose tomorrow, and he can be cheaply dealt to us.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
Meh, Cabrera is a month younger than me, and I didn't have a hangover after Friday night. If there's ever a time my BAC approached .26, it was that night. You just have to manage things well at the very end if possible. I'm sure he was given plenty of fluids in his holding cell and Dombrowsky probably arrived with a few farking powerades!

Of course, he went 0-for-the-weekend, so hopefully the Tigers lose tomorrow, and he can be cheaply dealt to us.

hangover or not, I bet one of the last things you would have wanted to do was to suit up and play 9 innings of baseball

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
No. That was just me gently pawing at his face trying to entice him to come to the Sox.

He's lucky he didn't go to jail. I'm unfamiliar with how domestic abuse laws work in the state of Michigan...but as a Police Officer in the state of Wisconsin, our domestic abuse laws are extremely cut and dry. If you determine one to be a predominant aggressor, an arrest is MANDATORY.

And yeah.... .08 is pretty much the norm throughout the country regarding legal intoxification. .26 would put him more than three times the legal limit.

Nice to see Miggy taking the biggest series of his career while in Detroit up to this point seriously.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)
Supposedly the party started at the Sox hotel, then when Cabrera went home him and his wife got into it. The police determined that both Cabrera and his wife were the aggressors

Sounds sadly stereotypical of the pro athlete marriage.