Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

StrangeSox

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about it some more and I think it was more an investment of political capital in him than it was an actual award.

But I mean... so odd thinking about how he's made no secret he's considering adding troops to Afghanistan.

Edited by lostfan

Yea this is a joke. I heard about it this morning getting ready for work and didn't believe it until I saw it on msn.com

I read the justification for him receiving it, but i don't buy it at all. Completely baffling. There were many, many, many, more deserving people for this.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:25 AM)
This is sort of like the time when Rafael Palmeiro won the Gold Glove for first base, having only played a dozen or so games there. Except the Nobel Peace Prize is just slightly more meaningful.

What a joke.

Claim not in evidence.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:53 AM)
Hopefully we can all just agree that it was completely unexpected and premature.

Not going to happen. Hordes of REPs are figuring out how to mitigate the "damage" and use it to make him look bad. Meanwhile hordes of DEM strategists are figuring out how to maximize the award to their advantage.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:56 AM)
Not going to happen. Hordes of REPs are figuring out how to mitigate the "damage" and use it to make him look bad. Meanwhile hordes of DEM strategists are figuring out how to maximize the award to their advantage.

I don't think he meant ALL agree, I think he meant the people in here who can think for themselves.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:57 AM)
I don't think he meant ALL agree, I think he meant the people in here who can think for themselves.

And again, I will say it isn't going to happen. Partisan opinions will start flying. And I agree this was as much about Bush as it was about Obama.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 08:06 AM)
nominations were due Feb 1, 2009, so he was in office for around 10 days when people nominated him for the award....

Bush got nominated too. I think the US president just gets nominated by default.