Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

StrangeSox

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
That's no excuse. Ever since he announced that he was running for President he should have been working 24/7, 365 on making America better. No exceptions.

guys i'm definitely not a "see the world in black+white" kind of person, I just get a little turned off when I see Obama milking his celebrity. Nobody else feels the same way?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:57 AM)
i guess if the only way to get people to follow you is by telling George Lopez to change late night, because "that's the kind of change he can believe in"... then the state of our population is in a sad place.

No, seriously, trying to connect with young people, in a manner that appeals to them, is so stupid. He should have been paying more attention to McCain's campaign.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
guys i'm definitely not a "see the world in black+white" kind of person, I just get a little turned off when I see Obama milking his celebrity. Nobody else feels the same way?

No. Why not take advantage of an obvious strength?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)

If he actually shot the commercial as President, you'd have a point.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:57 AM)
REP's aren't the ones bringing it up. Strawman.

That's why I said hush. And yes they do. Not here as much, we have a better educated audience.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:59 AM)
No, seriously, trying to connect with young people, in a manner that appeals to them, is so stupid. He should have been paying more attention to McCain's campaign.

lol oh i mean i get it, and he used it well during the campaign - as he should have. But you won, you're president, how bout you give it a rest. I guess seeing himself on CSPAN and CNN and MSNBC and FOX just wasn't enough, so bring on Comedy Central!

And yes, you're gonna say he's just keeping support of that young base, trying not to forget about them, blah blah, but young people are stupid and can be won over extremely easily. They'll vote for him again no matter what he does.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
You mean when he was ACORN's lawyer, or that time he worked on that panel with Bill Ayers?

oh my god not this s*** again. Hey why don't you bring up his birth certificate too for the hat trick.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
oh my god not this s*** again. Hey why don't you bring up his birth certificate too for the hat trick.

Why? I thought we were talking about what he did prior to being president? So, we can't now? Really? Damn, that just leaves the two weeks in office that he had.

DAMN!!! DNC Goes Nuclear on the Republican Party-

"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists -- the Taliban and Hamas this morning -- in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize," wrote DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse. "Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize -- an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride -- unless of course you are the Republican Party. The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It's no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim."

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 10:06 AM)
Go back to 2004, replace "DNC" with "RNC". Its the same god damn s***. I hate politics.

except prior to now the DNC was a bunch of p*****s who wouldn't say something like this for fear of what someone might think.

The idea that Obama deserves this award is beyond silly.

The idea that it somehow hurts his world image is equally silly.

The vitriol being sprayed, already, by some on the right (broader group, not here), is on the same scale of silliness.

There's a whole lot of silly going on today.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)

Please, explain to me how pointing out Obama's previous jobs has anything to do with the Birther movement. Also, please point to how his accomplishments prior to being president as deserving of winning the award.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
Why? I thought we were talking about what he did prior to being president? So, we can't now? Really? Damn, that just leaves the two weeks in office that he had.

I like to think that the Filibuster here is above inane, retarded Freerepublic talking points for the most part.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 10:08 AM)
The idea that Obama deserves this award is beyond silly.

The idea that it somehow hurts his world image is equally silly.

The vitriol being sprayed, already, by some on the right (broader group, not here), is on the same scale of silliness.

There's a whole lot of silly going on today.

agreed. (even if some of my statements fall into the silly category)

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
Please, explain to me how pointing out Obama's previous jobs has anything to do with the Birther movement. Also, please point to how his accomplishments prior to being president as deserving of winning the award.

I'm not going to because I didn't bring it up and I frankly don't care.