2009 Fantasy Football VENT Thread

Brian

Brandon Jacobs, in the first quarter, gets NY down to the 1, they put in Bradshaw to score. G*D Damnit!

In my pay leage, we get 6 extra points when a rusher hits 100 yards or a WR gets 100 yards. The past 2 weeks, Ocho Cinco has ended up with around 95 yards.

Fantasy Football this year just puts me in a bad mood.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is f***ing bulls***. The guy I'm playing is getting lucky as s***. My team isn't playing great, but I shouldn't lose this week. Right now it looks like I'm going to, though. Thanks to Clinton Portis and Jamal Lewis deciding to have the best games of their s***ty seasons. Maybe more thanks should go out to Buffalo's defense for letting Lewis get 117 yards even though Anderson was 2/17. If you know they can't pass, how do you still allow that many rushing yards to one guy?

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
This is f***ing bulls***. The guy I'm playing is getting lucky as s***. My team isn't playing great, but I shouldn't lose this week. Right now it looks like I'm going to, though. Thanks to Clinton Portis and Jamal Lewis deciding to have the best games of their s***ty seasons. Maybe more thanks should go out to Buffalo's defense for letting Lewis get 117 yards even though Anderson was 2/17. If you know they can't pass, how do you still allow that many rushing yards to one guy?

Thanks for reminding me...I HAD JAMAL LEWIS ON MY BENCH!!!

P.S. I will be in this thread often. I won my pay league last year but am taking my lumps this year.

Thanks Colts for passing the entire 4th quarter even though you were up big. And then when you do start running, you put in some joker 3rd string back Simpson instead of giving the playing time to Donald Brown. I would have gotten at least 1 more point from Brown which would have given me the lead. I'm literally tied right now with the guy I'm playing. I badly need Frank Gore to be back from injury in Week 7.

Btw, great thread idea. I'll be in here frequently b/c for some reason NFL coaches don't take fantasy football into account near enough when calling plays and the such...

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 08:02 AM)
What a waste of a draft pick on Deangelo Williams. Guy is killing me.

Yeah, I didn't think he'd be as good this year, but still thought he'd be worthy of a 1st round pick. I didn't see the Panthers offense being just this bad.

Question for you: would you trade him for, say, 2 guys who have each produced similarly as Williams? Or will you keep him no matter what since he was your 1st pick? I ask b/c the guy who has him in my league has a pretty bad team (he's about to go to 1-4), and has some holes to fill. And I really just need another RB to complete my team, but have some good extra WRs.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 09:21 AM)
Yeah, I didn't think he'd be as good this year, but still thought he'd be worthy of a 1st round pick. I didn't see the Panthers offense being just this bad.

Question for you: would you trade him for, say, 2 guys who have each produced similarly as Williams? Or will you keep him no matter what since he was your 1st pick? I ask b/c the guy who has him in my league has a pretty bad team (he's about to go to 1-4), and has some holes to fill. And I really just need another RB to complete my team, but have some good extra WRs.

I'm stuck in the same predicament. Part of me hopes he blows up later in the year like he did last year but it's obvious their offense will struggle most of the year. Just seems like his trade value isn't very high and I doubt you could get much in return.

with Rivers on a bye, I had picked up NeckBeard to start this week. Just before noon, yahoo's front page had a headline that inferred it was snowing in Denver and it would make it hard for the QBs. Seeing this, I picked up Derek Anderson instead. Yes, the Derek Anderson that went 2-17 for 23 yards. I was happy to later see the weather in Denver was snow/rain free. Luckily, my opponent is up like 70, so I wouldnt have had a chance with Orton anyway

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 09:31 AM)
with Rivers on a bye, I had picked up NeckBeard to start this week. Just before noon, yahoo's front page had a headline that inferred it was snowing in Denver and it would make it hard for the QBs. Seeing this, I picked up Derek Anderson instead. Yes, the Derek Anderson that went 2-17 for 23 yards. I was happy to later see the weather in Denver was snow/rain free. Luckily, my opponent is up like 70, so I wouldnt have had a chance with Orton anyway

LOL!! I can laugh because I did the same thing, picked up Anderson with Brees on a BYE. S***!! Screwed me. That team is falling to 2-3. F***!!

After looking like crap against a lousy Browns team, I bench Benson against the stingy Ravens D that hasn't given up a 100 yds rushing or a rushing TD in forever. Ugh

I know you're not supposed to bench your studs but I really didn't think of Benson as a stud. Although I do now.

Thank you Calvin Johnson for leaving the game immediately. Thank you Tom Brady for forgetting you have one of the all-time great WRs on your team. Thank you Jack Del Rio for benching Mike Sims-Walker. Thank you Steve Slaton for continuing to suck. Thank you Marshawn Lynch for convincing me to start you over Cedric Benson. Thank you Todd Heap for having a terrible week. Thank you 49ers for putting up 0 points. Thank you kicker I'd never heard of before this week for having your worst week yet.

Yes, it was a rough week for old Stevo.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 11:13 AM)
After calming down and looking at his schedule I think I want to keep Brady now.

f*** it. Just traded him for McNabb. The 3 runs and a punt late against Denver really bothered me. In 2007 Belichek would never have done that.

Edited by BigSqwert