2009 Fantasy Football VENT Thread

Brian

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f*** you John Fox for giving J Stewart all of the red zone carries today. I really needed those TDs and will probably lose after tomorrow night.

EDIT: Wind up losing by 4 pts last night in my big $ league so f*** you once again John Fox, f*** you Childress for running on 4th down at the end of the game instead of an easy FG, f*** you Dallas Clark for not getting 1 more yard to get the 3 pt bonus for 100 yds, and f*** you McNabb for not running up the score in the 2nd half.

GAH I HATE THIS HOBBY! ANd once again, like every season it seems like, my team has given up the most points allowed for the season. Every week I play the guy who has his best game of the season.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
f*** you John Fox for giving J Stewart all of the red zone carries today. I really needed those TDs and will probably lose after tomorrow night.

EDIT: Wind up losing by 4 pts last night in my big $ league so f*** you once again John Fox, f*** you Childress for running on 4th down at the end of the game instead of an easy FG, f*** you Dallas Clark for not getting 1 more yard to get the 3 pt bonus for 100 yds, and f*** you McNabb for not running up the score in the 2nd half.

GAH I HATE THIS HOBBY! ANd once again, like every season it seems like, my team has given up the most points allowed for the season. Every week I play the guy who has his best game of the season.

draft a better defense

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
draft a better defense

Defense is always the position I put the least stock into when drafting and kickers.

Both positions are inconsistent and people usually just end up picking up the first breakthrough player at each.

For me GB seems to be underrated every year at team defense so I'll continually take them because they are usually a good source of turnovers and some sacks.

Kickers I usually draft a kicker late that has a week 10 bye, Tynes has worked out well in most my leagues I'd say.

Fwiw, Miles Austin and Vernon Davis have been great so far, quite possibly my best transactions ever.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

I need to vent about my dumbass commish who won't allow my Sproles for Jennings trade through. I think we can all agree that Jennings is the much better player but he hasn't done much this year. My feelings are unless it is collusion or involving injured guys the commish shouldn't block a trade, especially when there were no complaints

ehhh it's a fine line. A trade like that should be blocked IMO. The commish does have a duty to keep the league competetive so I understand what he's doing. At the same time, it shouldn't stop there. If he thinks this guy can't trade for himself then the next step would be for him to find a replacement GM. It really is a tough call because you don't know what the commish's motives are, is he looking 2 weeks ahead when you play him? or is he really looking out for the league...

QUOTE (AssHatSoxFan @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:35 AM)
I need to vent about my dumbass commish who won't allow my Sproles for Jennings trade through. I think we can all agree that Jennings is the much better player but he hasn't done much this year. My feelings are unless it is collusion or involving injured guys the commish shouldn't block a trade, especially when there were no complaints

I dont see how he can not allow that trade. First of all, each team's needs are the most important factor, not that the talent level is perfectly equal. Yeah, Jennings should be the better player, but has been about equal to Sproles this year, and how can you be sure he will even turn it around? Sproles still gets touches behind LT, and with LT's fragile nature, he can suddenly become a starter any day

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
Defense is always the position I put the least stock into when drafting and kickers.

Both positions are inconsistent and people usually just end up picking up the first breakthrough player at each.

For me GB seems to be underrated every year at team defense so I'll continually take them because they are usually a good source of turnovers and some sacks.

Kickers I usually draft a kicker late that has a week 10 bye, Tynes has worked out well in most my leagues I'd say.

Fwiw, Miles Austin and Vernon Davis have been great so far, quite possibly my best transactions ever.

That was a joke. He said teams always score a lot of points on him. I dont draft defenses at all. I go by committee and having that extra bench player is huge when injuries come in to play and someone else took Baltimores defense in the 11th round.

Edited by DrunkBomber

Last year in a pay league through TalkBears I had a trade I accepted vetoed by all but like three players in the league. My team was destroyed by injuries and s***tiness (Brady, ochocinco, etc) and it was an extremely deep league. There were 4 flex positions and it was to the point I was starting guys like Sproles and Jason Campbell. Someone offered me Eddie Royal and Derrick Ward for TO and I accepted because it would give me two guys I could start every week. Most of the people thought it was ridiculously one sided and were b****ing and everyone vetoed it.

When I tried to explain the logic I got a line that sums up why people should let trades go through (unless they are obvious dumps to help one team) "some guy offered me chris johnson and wes welker for LT, maybe I should accept that." This was after week 2 or 3.

So in the end, a trade that 6-7 of 9 thought was so 1 sided that they needed to block it ended up with Eddie Royal alone outscoring TO and then throwing in a 1000 yard rusher who had a 200 yard game during playoff time.

Dear Rashard Mendenhall:

As a fellow Illini, I greatly appreciate you carrying the football team to a Rose Bowl a few years ago, so this is hard for me to say...but f*** you for not getting in the end zone on any of those last three runs. My fantasy team lost by 3 points.

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 12:15 AM)
Dear Rashard Mendenhall:

As a fellow Illini, I greatly appreciate you carrying the football team to a Rose Bowl a few years ago, so this is hard for me to say...but f*** you for not getting in the end zone on any of those last three runs. My fantasy team lost by 3 points.

LittleHurt05

Yep, lost by 5 myself and was really wanting a TD from him. Oh well, he ran great, so I can't complain too much.

I'm more pissed at Roethlisburger for ruining a few possible opportunities for points when he threw picks. Plus, the guy I'm playing had Denver's D so that pick-6 f***ed me.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 11:15 PM)
Dear Rashard Mendenhall:

LittleHurt05

I won my game this week with big games from Hines Ward, Pittsburgh D, Michael Turner, Mike Sims-Walker, and otherwise average games from everyone but Matt Ryan... But I echo the "f*** Rashard Mendenhall" sentiments because I drafted Willie Parker, and he won't see any playing time, even when he is 100%, yet I still haven't had a reason to drop him, and I'm still hoping he comes back to life at some point.

Well...where to start.

I hate having the most points in a league and having the most points against my team, plain bad luck. Definitely will make the playoffs in my main league but I should have about 2 more wins or so, faced the best team of a week 4 times. f*** me.

Also, i hate when offenses fail to run the ball in on the goal line and on the third down still try running it in, I mean wake up Houston, Schaub is your QB, there is a good chance he will find the end zone rather than your butterfinger running backs. I tabbed him for at least 20 pts.

Crabtree also disappointed me but I listened to stupid Brandon Funston, whom I might add gives the most worthless fantasy advice.

Also, Gb kicker and defense, it was really hard for me not to play you versus Tampa but you cost me this week. All I asked for was 8 points a piece for both of you and you failed.

Won most of my leagues but not the one that counted.

I can relate. I'm in 2 leagues, both of my teams lead their leagues in points scored and neither is in 1st place. In fact in a 10 team league one of them is in 9th f***ing place. Sometimes I think I should just give up on fantasy football. I have real sh*tty luck.