GOP Launches New Website

HuskyCaucasian

I hate to pile on, but this is just great.

Michael Steele: "It's not even really a web site"

Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele appeared on Fox this afternoon to talk about the RNC's newly relaunched web site, which has taken heat today and been down intermittently, presumably from a bump in traffic.

"It's not even really a web site," Steele said. "It's a new platform for us."

To those that have been mocking the site by saying just that, he said it's "a beta site."

"So we're working out a lot of the kinks and the bugs. So the Democrats can have some fun," he said.

Steele reminded the host, Shep Smith, that when he ran for chairman he promised to "take this party to the streets."

"We've done that, I think, in a very creative way," he said, adding that the site is "a new tool to communicate the new GOP."

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
more like all the people that got the admin passwords. I'd have been curious to poke around

Even with their admin's incompetence, people poking around are still breaking into the site and still might have the FBI showing up in their lives. These stupid 2.0 sites are relatively easy to secure. In fact their admin panels are in easily isolated directories that a simple .htaccess file can lock down. So even if you know the password, you can't even see the page to get in. 10 seconds and instant security from the noobs bombarding your site.

AuthUserFile /dev/null

AuthGroupFile /dev/null

AuthName "Go awayl"

AuthType Basic

order deny,allow

deny from all

allow from x.x.x.x

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
Even with their admin's incompetence, people poking around are still breaking into the site and still might have the FBI showing up in their lives. These stupid 2.0 sites are relatively easy to secure. In fact their admin panels are in easily isolated directories that a simple .htaccess file can lock down. So even if you know the password, you can't even see the page to get in. 10 seconds and instant security from the noobs bombarding your site.

AuthUserFile /dev/null

AuthGroupFile /dev/null

AuthName "Go awayl"

AuthType Basic

order deny,allow

deny from all

allow from x.x.x.x

Somehow my shoes just turned into ducks. Weird.

This is actually the kind of stuff Steele should be doing, and not getting involved in policy debates in public all the time. That's not his job, and he's gotten smacked down by Republican leadership a couple of times for it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
This is actually the kind of stuff Steele should be doing, and not getting involved in policy debates in public all the time. That's not his job, and he's gotten smacked down by Republican leadership a couple of times for it.

He can't help himself. He thinks he's the GOP Barack Obama or something. Advice, Mr. Steele: get the hell out of the way, jackass, and do what you're supposed to be doing. You're not helping re: policy.

GOP.com Changes The Game On 'What Up?'

Overnight, it seems the RNC started tweaking the new GOP.com, which emerged yesterday as something of a fail for Michael Steele.

This morning, Steele's much-derided "What Up?" blog has undergone a name change, one of several changes at the site we'll be tracking throughout the day. Steele's posts can now be found at a chairman's blog called "Change The Game."

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)
Alongwith the snazzy new web site, how about some policy initiatives that will grab young people and build the party? :pray

f*** that. Just put up some crappy website, it'll get votes. Right? You kids love the interweb right?

see, the GOP is cool now.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 14, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)

Overnight, it seems the RNC started tweaking the new GOP.com, which emerged yesterday as something of a total win for Michael Steele.

This morning, Steele's much-anticipated "What Up?" blog has undergone a name change, one of several changes at the site we'll be tracking throughout the day. Steele's posts can now be found at a chairman's blog called "Change The Game."

gold. political. gold.

:headbang

nothing makes me wanna vote more than a cool blog, like 'What up?'. It makes me wonder WHAT IS UP! then I vote GOP. Winning strategy, well done.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 14, 2009 -> 12:21 PM)
f*** that. Just put up some crappy website, it'll get votes. Right? You kids love the interweb right?

see, the GOP is cool now.

The problem the GOP will always have is conservative usually means clinging to your parent's or grandparent's world. That's a tough sell to a 20 year old.

1950s tax rate

1950s television

1950s marriage

1950s "gay rights"

1950s gun ownership

1950s business regulations

1950s prayer in schools

etc etc etc

And I;m not saying that I wouldn't also embrace keeping a number of things the same, just saying that improve the world is an easier message to sell than "leave everything the same, it's already as good as it will get".

Via TPM:

With GOP.com's relaunch off to such a good start it's hard to know what to expect. But a short while ago TPM Reader DR flagged our attention to the fact that on the site's bio page of Ronald Reagan, at one point they refer to Reagan as "Ronaldus Magnus", i.e., latin for Ronald The Great.

Now, I think that pretty accurately captures Reagan's status in the contemporary GOP. But we figure this is far too whacky even for the folks running the website. So we're assuming that someone must have hacked into the site. But who knows? So we're checking right now with the folks at the RNC to find out just what's up.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Closing this thread. Its a f***ing waste of space. And athome...get a clue, this isn't a place for someone to just sit there and act as a human RSS feed.

Come up with worthwhile topics of discussion, don't sit there berading and ripping the s*** out of something, especially something as worthless as a website.