Public Trans/Parking Ideas

greasywheels121

I'm not one for starting threads like this, but I was hoping the fine people at ST can be of assistance. I can delete/close this afterward.

I have a race near Montrose Harbor on Sunday at 8 AM. I'm hoping to get there about 7ish, and I'm coming from Arlington Heights. They have closed parking near the race site, for 'public safety reasons.' Any suggestions on where to park near that area that doesn't cost an outrageous amount? I'm open to public trans as well; however, I know I wouldn't be able to start on the Metra, since the first one doesn't leave AH until 9:30, IIRC.

Thanks in advance.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 07:13 PM)
I'm not one for starting threads like this, but I was hoping the fine people at ST can be of assistance. I can delete/close this afterward.

I have a race near Montrose Harbor on Sunday at 8 AM. I'm hoping to get there about 7ish, and I'm coming from Arlington Heights. They have closed parking near the race site, for 'public safety reasons.' Any suggestions on where to park near that area that doesn't cost an outrageous amount? I'm open to public trans as well; however, I know I wouldn't be able to start on the Metra, since the first one doesn't leave AH until 9:30, IIRC.

Thanks in advance.

The further south and west you can go away from Montrose, the cheaper parking gets. It really depends on how far you want to walk.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 07:41 PM)
I would say anything in a 5 mile radius would be ideal, since I'm running in between the driving.

If you want public transit from the NW suburbs, you can always drive to Cumberland and park-and-ride the CTA Blue Line in from there. You then have two options. One, get off the blue line at whatever stop is nearest Montrose, and take the Montrose bus east. Two, take the Blue downtown and the red back out, to Montrose (will take longer).

Unless they restrict parking around the area due to the race, you should be able to park for free in that area. From the Montrose/Broadway intersection to Montrose Harbor is all free street parking (no permit or anything).

I live really close to Montrose Harbor, I dont even know where a pay lot would be located.