AL Central team interested in Manny?

striker

http://www.presstelegram.com/moresports/ci_13692288

A baseball insider says the club has been contacted by an American League team that is interested in Manny Ramirez if the team will pay part of his $20 million salary for 2010.

It's a team that plays in a very mediocre division, has a few team officials familiar with Ramirez, and always needs a bump in notoriety.

Would be interesting if it was the Sox.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's a team that plays in a very mediocre division" - Central

"has a few team officials familiar with Ramirez" - Who on the Sox?

"and always needs a bump in notoriety" - You could argue the notoriety is in reference to a Cub centric town.

Interesting, but not enough to make me think White Sox.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
I meant that Manny and Ortiz weren't vilified as brutally as A-Rod.

Manny took a 50 game suspension. He paid his price.

Manny will never take as much heat from the fans, simply because we all know he is already nuts. It's kind of like trying to scream at a small child. If you know it's not really getting through to them, why bother?

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
I meant that Manny and Ortiz weren't vilified as brutally as A-Rod.

That's because a lot of people believe that A-Rod's an image-obsessed, contrived phony. David Ortiz has the type of personality that's almost impossible to dislike, and nobody knows what banned substance he tested positive for. For all we know, he may have just continued to pop greenies or take something sold at GNC.

Manny also had a long and very impressive resume of post-season success by the time that he signed with Boston (and continued playing at a high level thereafter). Right or wrong, being a bad-ass in the playoffs can mitigate a number of sins.

Edited by WCSox

baseball insider says the club has been contacted by an American League team that is interested in Manny Ramirez if the team will pay part of his $20 million salary for 2010.

It's a team that plays in a very mediocre division, has a few team officials familiar with Ramirez, and always needs a bump in notoriety.

Thats us trying to pass the Cubs in notoriety in the city. I think.