"V"

mreye

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 11:37 PM)
I'll save you the time, they're lizard people and they don't mean well. It's a remake of an 80's miniseries.

I'm 35 years old. I realize that.

I just thought they did an incredible job recreating it. I like the similarities and love the additions, like the sleeper cell of Vs, etc.

QUOTE (mreye @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 11:45 PM)
I'm 35 years old. I realize that.

I just thought they did an incredible job recreating it. I like the similarities and love the additions, like the sleeper cell of Vs, etc.

That's fine, just for anyone who hadn't seen it though. I hate remakes.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 02:30 AM)
Didn't the original miniseries have Robert Englund?

And when does the re-make air?

Oh yeah it did, it also had Marc Singer(Beastmaster was one of my favorites growing up). The re-make pilot aired last night

I remember blowing off studying for finals during the broadcast of the original mini-series in college. That first one was unrivaled.

I forgot this new one it was on, tuned in about 10 mins late, and then my kids were rambunctious so I couldn't really watch it like I would have wanted. All of that said, it didn't seem like too much of anything really happened until the last 5 minutes, although the coming attractions seemed cool. I wish I had recorded it; maybe I'll catch it online.

Also, I guess this means somebody didn't survive the season finale of "Lost?" I hate it when one show tips off another like that, although the actor could probably come back for brief flashes.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)
Agree. Flash Forward is a great show.

Pssh. How can you guys sit through that horrible acting by the lead guy? It's like having to watch the Dark Knight with Christian Bale using his Batman voice for every scene, including his Bruce Wayne stuff. It's beyond awful. He makes everything so serious that it becomes a joke.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
I remember blowing off studying for finals during the broadcast of the original mini-series in college. That first one was unrivaled.

I forgot this new one it was on, tuned in about 10 mins late, and then my kids were rambunctious so I couldn't really watch it like I would have wanted. All of that said, it didn't seem like too much of anything really happened until the last 5 minutes, although the coming attractions seemed cool. I wish I had recorded it; maybe I'll catch it online.

Also, I guess this means somebody didn't survive the season finale of "Lost?" I hate it when one show tips off another like that, although the actor could probably come back for brief flashes.

I thought that too, but I'm in hopes that they've already filmed the majority of this season of V, so she's free to finish up Lost when it starts shooting (which has to be now, or soon, if it hasn't already started).

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)

She has hinted pretty heavily she'll be back for the final season.