Job Offer Question

dasox24

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 07:16 AM)
Wow, thats exciting man! Are you working in Louisville?

Knoxville... Louisville is our headquarters for Consumer & Industrial (I think), but the Industrial Systems division of C&I is located in Knoxville. So, I didn't have to move away from school.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
Knoxville... Louisville is our headquarters for Consumer & Industrial (I think), but the Industrial Systems division of C&I is located in Knoxville. So, I didn't have to move away from school.

Very nice! I was just curious as I have a friend going to GE this summer for an internship at the Louisville location.

So how was the first day?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 08:46 PM)
Very nice! I was just curious as I have a friend going to GE this summer for an internship at the Louisville location.

So how was the first day?

First day was good. Typical of 1st days, though, I'm sure. Spent over an hour with the HR woman filling out paperwork and stuff like that. Did some actual work, though (while being supervised by the old intern who's training me before he leaves). Met some people around the office.

Today was much better though. Yesterday was just really boring at times. But today I did a bunch reports that I had to send out to different managers, so that took the entire morning and kept me busy. Also had to call a lady at another company about getting a shipment of ours cleared through customs to get it to a distribution center of ours by tomorrow.

It was "snack day" at the office too, so everyone brought different foods so lunch was awesome. I contributed Christmas cookies. Met the main boss at my office and he was a really nice guy, so that's good. Everyone seems to be pretty close knit there. I think I'm going to like it.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 05:24 PM)
First day was good. Typical of 1st days, though, I'm sure. Spent over an hour with the HR woman filling out paperwork and stuff like that. Did some actual work, though (while being supervised by the old intern who's training me before he leaves). Met some people around the office.

Today was much better though. Yesterday was just really boring at times. But today I did a bunch reports that I had to send out to different managers, so that took the entire morning and kept me busy. Also had to call a lady at another company about getting a shipment of ours cleared through customs to get it to a distribution center of ours by tomorrow.

It was "snack day" at the office too, so everyone brought different foods so lunch was awesome. I contributed Christmas cookies. Met the main boss at my office and he was a really nice guy, so that's good. Everyone seems to be pretty close knit there. I think I'm going to like it.

That is awesome. Congrats.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)

Very nice man, hopefully its exactly what youre looking for.