AGon discussion, et. al.

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
I wrote Cowley an e-mail talking about how I am a journalism major at Missouri and basically blasting his morals and ethics as a journalists. I told him that he is exactly the opposite of what we are taught journalists should be like. His response:

"Go to law school kid. Do yourself a favor. And tell them Uncle Joe sent you.

You'll thank me later."

So says the person from the prestigious Kent State university, a school best known for Drew Carey and that one guy who got shot by the Ohio National Guard.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
By giving Joe Cowley this much attention in his email inbox, you guys are probably giving his ego some serious wood.

There are bigger battles to fight than this guy.

Yeah. I just logged on a couple minutes ago hoping there would be some new information on this 'proposed' 3-way deal. And I was excited to see there were like 100 new posts since the last time I had logged on. Of course, about 98% of those were Cowley related. Kinda disappointing.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
So says the person from the prestigious Kent State university, a school best known for Drew Carey and that one guy who got shot by the Ohio National Guard.

Actually four unarmed college students were shot and killed by the Ohio National Guard, haven't you ever heard the song?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
I wrote Cowley an e-mail talking about how I am a journalism major at Missouri and basically blasting his morals and ethics as a journalists. I told him that he is exactly the opposite of what we are taught journalists should be like. His response:

You'll thank me later."

You can't argue with all the idiots in the world. Sometimes it's best to let them have their moment and then trick them later.

And by trick, I mean, have this rumor be pretty much true (minus the Paulie part :( )

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
Since Jay Hineybird is Jay Hineybird, can we have a vote on Cowley's nickname? My vote is for "Cowleysaurus."

Just call him Hineybird Jr. That is all he is. All least Kotex did something original in Chicago. Cowley isn't even smart enough to do that much.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 07:04 PM)
One of the rare things we agree on. :cheers

My issue with Cowley is that as a beat-writer working in a major metropolitan area, for a major news outlet, his work just isn't up to snuff. He doesn't come close to offering out pieces like Gordon Edes, Susan Slusser, or former beat writers Buster Olney, Tim Kurkjian, Ken Rosenthal, etc,. His pieces are uninformed, illogical conjecture which bring absolutely nothing to the table. It does not appear that the White Sox are particularly enamored with his work either, as they certainly don't seem to go out of their way to give him much of anything in the way of valuable information.

As fans of a major market team, we deserve better than Joe Cowley. And that ticks me off.

We have much better than that in Chicago. Quit reading the D-bag, and start reading stuff that comes out of CSN and the Trib.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 11:32 PM)
His response:

You'll thank me later."

That's probably serious advice from him. I bet Joe hates his life and just makes ridiculous comments to get attention and act out like a little kid.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
You would think a guy who beat cancer and gets paid to do what he does would be wound a little less tightly. I could understand how a guy writing for a paper would really despise any and all bloggers, but if the information is wrong, why would it upset him so much? The only way Cowley is going to look bad is if he gets scooped by a blogger. If anything he just made a lot more people read the blog. He really is a loser. He thinks he's a writer, comedian, talk show host, but all he really is is an insecure hack.

He despises anyone who could threaten his job... which is pretty much anyone with Comedy Central and ESPN.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 08:30 PM)
2 months after I graduated I got married, I needed better money than beginner radio money. So, I went to work as the technology coordinator at my church. It payed better.

I got four job offers in sports radio. I turned down all of them because I could make better money in retail.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Seems like this deal isn't serious or was just a thought/proposal that went no where fast... nobody else is even reporting about.. Cowley is a d-bag but probably right.

Good god. Re-read the first post in this entire thread and click the link. Read that text, and then post again.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 01:01 PM)
I ask, why would this interest the Angels?
Thats the part i don't get also i think i read almost every post here and many on other sights . And the one thing i can't get out of it is why would the Angels do this i admit i read some interesting ideas like from KHP and others but why wouldn't the Angels just trade for Adrian Gonzales them self's i admit i don't know there farm system but i would think they could put a good package together to get him . anyway i hope we get AGON as i have been saying for awhile we should get him i guess we will know soon enough . GO FOR IT KW AGON is worth it . :gosox3: