Official Boxing Thread

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch Thursday Night Fights tonight and see Teddy Atlas go off on how he wants to get out of the sport due to the insane corruption of it? Felt really bad for him. Passionate speech. He scored the match 11-1 for Cave. The online poll had the match 12-0. The official judges scored it a split decision the other way.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 10:48 PM)
Anyone watch Thursday Night Fights tonight and see Teddy Atlas go off on how he wants to get out of the sport due to the insane corruption of it? Felt really bad for him. Passionate speech. He scored the match 11-1 for Cave. The online poll had the match 12-0. The official judges scored it a split decision the other way.

i hear people saying that boxing needs a governing body that encompasses the entire sport

the only problem (and maybe it isn't a problem, who knows) is that Boxing is a global sport, and might be difficult to create some sort of governing body that encompasses the entire globe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 8, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
He really is an awful human being, but Las Vegas makes so much money off him, nobody cares. Even the NFL would suspend him.

He is a complete piece of s***. I would be shocked if it happens but I hope Pacquiao absolutely destroys him and knocks him out Saturday.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 06:53 PM)
This has got best of 3 written all over it, too much money to be made.

Floyd just seems too full of himself to blemish his perfect record, even for another $100 million, so I doubt a best of 3 happens. I see a close decision in Floyd's favor, close enough to keep enough buzz for a rematch.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 2, 2015 -> 11:52 AM)
Mayweather has banned Beadle and Rachel Nichols from the fight tonight. This guy is a joke of a human being.

The PR lady is saying Michelle and Rachel are lying and that they have credentials.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 2, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
The PR lady is saying Michelle and Rachel are lying and that they have credentials.

I saw that. Somebody be lying. If I had to guess the Mayweather camp started to back track and tried to resolve the situation after they saw how bad it was going for them. Who knows though.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 2, 2015 -> 01:16 PM)
I saw that. Somebody be lying. If I had to guess the Mayweather camp started to back track and tried to resolve the situation after they saw how bad it was going for them. Who knows though.

Agreed, I'm calling bulls*** and that Mayweather's camp is backtracking like mad.