Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in the middle of watching the first season of HIMYM on DVD, and are looking for the next seasons. If anyone has them on DVD and wants to get rid of them let me know! Otherwise I am just going to get on Ebay or Half.com. I'd rather send the money to someone hear who wants to get rid of them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 4, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
We are in the middle of watching the first season of HIMYM on DVD, and are looking for the next seasons. If anyone has them on DVD and wants to get rid of them let me know! Otherwise I am just going to get on Ebay or Half.com. I'd rather send the money to someone hear who wants to get rid of them.

I got the first 4 seasons for my sister for Xmas for $70 on Amazon.

When the dad on Modern Family turned around and had a mustache on last night on Modern Family, my water came out my nose.

Friday Night Lights season finale.

EW.com reporting that next season, Season 5, will be the last. I feel lucky the show lasted this long. Too bad it never had that big audience. I recommend anyone to buy all the seasons on DVD without a thought otherwise.

Its very unfortunate people never gave friday night lights a chance because it is amazingly written and well acted. Not to mention the incredible music that is played in between scenes. But 5 seasons is more than we could have asked for considering it had no ratings at all.

Edited by whitesox07champs

QUOTE (whitesox07champs @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 08:55 AM)
Its very unfortunate people never gave friday night lights a chance because it is amazingly written and well acted. Not to mention the incredible music that is played in between scenes. But 5 seasons is more than we could have asked for considering it had no ratings at all.

Exactly how I feel. I will be grateful for 5 great seasons of TV and have it go out on a high note, rather than stretch it out and make things go downhill at some point.

Damn you, Tim Riggins. Why do you have to be so awesome?

I hear you Brian.

I love how this is his farewell to the show though. He had always been a trouble maker and always looked for the easy way out. I'm glad that after he and billy did something illegal, that they get caught and punished. Now hes in jail for 1-5 years. im just hoping aimee teegarden (julie) :wub: :wub: comes back full time. otherwise i will probably not tune in anymore next season.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
Anyone who watches FNL that doesnt have Direct TV know of another place to watch online besides surfthechannel? They take too long to post the newest episodes.

casttv.com usually puts em up pretty fast. I only watch the ones that are uploaded to megavideo.

The amazing part about FNL is how it makes you care about so many different characters. When this season started, you had to wonder if you could actually care what happens to the newer characters like Vince. He ended up being the most fascinating character on the show this season. Also, thankfully they didn't say Matt Saracen had become a Cubs fan, as the actor who plays them in real life is a huge Sox fan!

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
I love psych, actually USA is a really solid network in general IMO.

Yeah. I want to get into White Collar, but I already spend too much time watching On Demand TV and online streaming TV as it is. I can find myself watching TV for 4 to 5 hours a night because I can fast forward through the commercials.

I have way too many shows that I watch right now.

Chuck

CSI Miami

Antiques Roadshow

NCIS

NCIS - LA

Bones

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

Iron Chef America

Ace of Cakes

Paranormal State

Dirty Jobs

Mythbusters

Burn Notice

Psych

No Reservations

Man vs Food

Bizarre World

The Mentalist

CSI NY

CSI

Numb3rs

Doctor Who

Top Gear

Leverage

The Closer

Pawn Stars

American Pickers

Castle

House

The Dog Whisperer

Bulls games

MLB Hot Stove

That Metal Show

Venture Bros

Ghost in the Shell

Sometimes, I'll wait and watch 3 or 4 episodes in a row, just so that I can have a life in between.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 05:42 PM)
The amazing part about FNL is how it makes you care about so many different characters. When this season started, you had to wonder if you could actually care what happens to the newer characters like Vince. He ended up being the most fascinating character on the show this season. Also, thankfully they didn't say Matt Saracen had become a Cubs fan, as the actor who plays them in real life is a huge Sox fan!

I had no idea zach gilford was a huge sox fan. I saw him in a bulls game once. Hes gunna be in a pilot to start in a new tv show on abc i heard.