Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
That was intense. And only Part 1 of 10.

They flimed quite a lot of that down here in Melbourne actually.

Meant to be the biggest production cost wise for any TV series IIRC.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
Anybody watch Justified tonight?

Hell yeah. I dug the first episode. I hope the continue a storyline in this series though, because from the season preview it looks like they skip around a lot.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 06:16 AM)
I also enjoyed it. Glad to see Walton Goggins' character wasn't killed off. Seems like he'd make a great villain.

I was surprised he was the villain, I thought he'd play a different role. It will be interesting to see how he's used from here on out.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 07:16 AM)
I also enjoyed it. Glad to see Walton Goggins' character wasn't killed off. Seems like he'd make a great villain.

FWIW, i heard he's only around for a handful of episodes. not sure if that means he'll be killed off or just disappear and come back later

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
FWIW, i heard he's only around for a handful of episodes. not sure if that means he'll be killed off or just disappear and come back later

I hope he makes it for most of the season at least. From how the first episode played out, they could set up a pretty hefty plot line involving his character. From the commercials, they made it look like Goggins was a pretty big character in the show along with Olymphant

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 01:04 AM)
Dunno if this thread should still be up since Winter is over.. :P

All new episode of South Park was on yesterday. Not bad, not great, though they made Tiger Woods hilarious in it.. :lol:

Possible snow a week from Saturday, so don't pronounce winter dead yet ;)

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
I was still kinda interested in Flash Forward last fall, not since it is returning after 3 months off, I don't really care. Gonna DVR it but will watch when nothing is on.

I'd suggest watching the 2 hour mid season premiere, the best episode of the show yet. Definitely got me re interested in it.

Can't really say anything without spoiling it, but wow that was nuts.

Edited by kev211

I was impressed by Justified. I figured it would be good, but it was better than I thought. Both Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are great. I had read a review that Olyphant's character was a lot like his Seth Bullock from Deadwood, but I think he's better in Justified. I thought his character in Deadwood was too stoic and didn't have enough dialogue.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 06:24 AM)
I was impressed by Justified. I figured it would be good, but it was better than I thought. Both Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are great. I had read a review that Olyphant's character was a lot like his Seth Bullock from Deadwood, but I think he's better in Justified. I thought his character in Deadwood was too stoic and didn't have enough dialogue.

The character of Bullock was far from stoic. He lost his temper repeatedly and beat people within inches of their lives. You could say he was quiet for sure, not stoic.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
The character of Bullock was far from stoic. He lost his temper repeatedly and beat people within inches of their lives. You could say he was quiet for sure, not stoic.

You're right, I used the wrong adjective. He had a tendecy to hide his emotions until he exploded. His Justified character seems to be a bit more open...and he warns people before he explodes.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
Awesome, a new RW/RR challenge starts April 7. Trailer is up on mtv.com. Fresh Meat II, so lots of new faces, Wes & Kenny are the focus of the trailer.

Oh.Hell.Yeah