Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
Parvati is so toast next week.... which is sad since she's been the best player this year.

I don't know what it is about her cuz she isn't the best looking girl in the world, but I would love for her to wrap those legs around me and squeeze.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
Parvati is so toast next week.... which is sad since she's been the best player this year.

Unfortunately, the best player doesn't always win. In fact, they don't win more often then they do. I felt Russell deserved to win last season for sure, not so much this season though. Last season, the moves he made were out of necessity. He went into the merge down by a lot, almost singlehandedly took out the other tribe, and ended up going to the finals with 2 of his own tribe mates. This season he is alienating his own alliance and guaranteeing himself few, if any, jury votes if he makes it that far.

Betty White SNL was pretty good.

I say it a lot, but Seth Meyers is awful on Weekend Update and Fred Armisen skits are bad.

Next week is the season finale of SNL? How many new shows they do a year? 10? It seems they do two weeks then take a month off.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 9, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
I'm sorry but the Lawrence Welk sketch cracked me up when the "special" one stuck her baby hands in the guy's mouth.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if NBC gets nasty letters from some Special Needs Family group over that sketch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgH-_Ctwi-g

They have done different variations of that skit in the past.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 11, 2010 -> 04:04 AM)
Anyone else see the "Six Degrees of Torture" from Jack Bauer?

http://www.examiner.com/x-43585-Entertainm...est-episode-yet

Loved the episode. Jack Bauer has clearly lost it and his character has really been written well this season. I'm really interested in what's going to happen because there will be a movie. I almost feel Jack needs to die at the end of the season but that wouldnt make sense with a movie coming out unless the movie was going to be a back story of sort. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 11, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)
Loved the episode. Jack Bauer has clearly lost it and his character has really been written well this season. I'm really interested in what's going to happen because there will be a movie. I almost feel Jack needs to die at the end of the season but that wouldnt make sense with a movie coming out unless the movie was going to be a back story of sort. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Really, killing him is the right way to end both this season and the series.

They've really done a surprisingly good job of making you both kind of root for Jack, because you've been doing it for 10 years, and at the same time want the snipers to actually kill him because he's clearly wrong and gone off the deep end this season. It's an impressive twist.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)

They've really done a surprisingly good job of making you both kind of root for Jack, because you've been doing it for 10 years, and at the same time want the snipers to actually kill him because he's clearly wrong and gone off the deep end this season. It's an impressive twist.

That's pretty much it exactly. Of course I want to root for him, because after all it's Jack Bauer. But Jack Bauer of old would never act the way the one is now. And I think the writers did this on purpose to show how off the rocker he's gone, and after everything he's been through this was the final push that sent him this way. This season has made up for a couple of their gaffes lately IMO.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2010 -> 08:18 AM)

I don't think that he is wrong. The president covering all of this up and trying to contain him is wrong. He is just doing what the government won't do. And I never want the snipers to get him because I don't feel remorse for anyone that he is after. If he was hurting innocent people that would be another story, but these guys deserve what they get.

As for the movie, the only angle I can see them playing (besides something from the past) is that Jack goes to prison at the end of this season, and in the movie they need him for something and set him free in exchange for his service. I could see them doing a prequel to the series as well because I bet they would love to bring David Palmer back (who was the only good president the show has ever seen)

QUOTE (The Gooch @ May 11, 2010 -> 06:33 PM)
I don't think that he is wrong. The president covering all of this up and trying to contain him is wrong. He is just doing what the government won't do. And I never want the snipers to get him because I don't feel remorse for anyone that he is after. If he was hurting innocent people that would be another story, but these guys deserve what they get.

Bah, up unto the point that the President ordered her tortured, I thought she was 100% correct.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ May 11, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)
Please explain...

In exchange for getting a major peace treaty with a country in the middle east (i.e. imagine a peace deal with Iran involving full inspections of all their nuclear facilities and normalized trade and travel relations), if all I had to do was cover up some illegal activities by the Russians that I'm using as a negotiating tool, I'd do the exact same thing. That kind of peace treaty could be a world-changing event. Re-make the face of an entire region.

Once you start having to torture people and have additional people eliminated to protect the coverup though, that's where I drew the line.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
In exchange for getting a major peace treaty with a country in the middle east (i.e. imagine a peace deal with Iran involving full inspections of all their nuclear facilities and normalized trade and travel relations), if all I had to do was cover up some illegal activities by the Russians that I'm using as a negotiating tool, I'd do the exact same thing. That kind of peace treaty could be a world-changing event. Re-make the face of an entire region.

Once you start having to torture people and have additional people eliminated to protect the coverup though, that's where I drew the line.

Although I understand where you are coming from, these weren't just "some illegal activities". The Russians helped mastermind and fund the assassination of the key country's leader, and the President is willing to knowingly let his wife sign the treaty in his place with the same country that was behind the attack.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ May 11, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
Although I understand where you are coming from, these weren't just "some illegal activities". The Russians helped mastermind and fund the assassination of the key country's leader, and the President is willing to knowingly let his wife sign the treaty in his place with the same country that was behind the attack.

Not only that, but were behind an attempted nuclear attack on US soil. Ya, that is not something you just allow to be covered up. It also sounds like it might go a lot further.

Jack is wrong too in the way he is going about it, executing people, but I'd side more with him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:08 AM)
Not only that, but were behind an attempted nuclear attack on US soil. Ya, that is not something you just allow to be covered up. It also sounds like it might go a lot further.

Jack is wrong too in the way he is going about it, executing people, but I'd side more with him.

Blasphemy!