Request

ozzfest

I love this website and the posters as well. The only thing I have a major problem with are the giant threads.....Is there any way to fix this? If I want to read about NFL theres a 257 page thread Called OFFICIAL NFL THREAD about that. Wouldn't it be better to have more threads with less pages? I bet many people on the board avoid reading certain threads because they are so long..... I just thought I'd see if anyone felt the same way or if there was a way to resolve this.....I really cannot stand these OFFICIAL threads that take over the whole NFL season....

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 08:21 PM)
We tend to leave it that way as it is pretty popular. That being said, we don't actively try and compress and merge single subject threads like that unless it really makes sense. If you have a question or anything like that, start a new thread. :)

I love when you make your admin authority like that... :wub: :wub:

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 08:21 PM)
We tend to leave it that way as it is pretty popular. That being said, we don't actively try and compress and merge single subject threads like that unless it really makes sense. If you have a question or anything like that, start a new thread. :)

The requests to have stuff bunched together have always run MUCH higher than the requests to have multiple threads. That is why we did the big threads in the first place, because of Soxtalk poster requests.

Ozz, I own the site and I can't stand the compressed threads but most everyone has voiced that it is what the majority has preferred. If people come out and say they prefer it the other way, I'd be find going that direction too.

We do whatever you guys/gals ask for, withing reason of course.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 04:53 PM)
Ozz, I own the site and I can't stand the compressed threads but most everyone has voiced that it is what the majority has preferred. If people come out and say they prefer it the other way, I'd be find going that direction too.

We do whatever you guys/gals ask for, withing reason of course.

Ozz, what Chisoxfn meant was, and what he would have said if he had a publicist writing his responses . . .

Ozz, I have the honor and privilege of owning this site. Please be assured that I share your view that multiple threads would make browsing easier. However, through the years, the majority of people who post here have preferred the catch all style threads. If enough people who post here write to me and express that they prefer multiple threads, I would be fine with making a switch.

My staff and I do whatever you guys/gals ask for, within reason of course. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and opinions. I am humbled that so many people care so much about this site and take the time, like you did, to offer such fine advice.

Go Sox!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...