So Who's the Next Long Rumored White Sox to come aboard?

AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)
Frank Thomas

Speaking of that, i know a year or so ago the idea was thrown about that the sox should sign Frank for a game or so and let him retire a White Sox. I think that would be a great gesture for opening day this year.

Edited by soxfan3530

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
Speaking of that, i know a year or so ago the idea was thrown about that the sox should sign Frank for a game or so and let him retire a White Sox. I think that would be a great gesture for opening day this year.

I don't think he wants to push back his hall of fame eligibility another 2 years.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
I was one of the few (I believe Soxfan1 was another) that was all for the Bailey/Dye swap last offseason. I've been in love with Homer for years. His last 10 starts or so this past season were superb. I think he's finally figured it out.

Not as a 1 for 1 he wasn't.. Some people loved it, some didn't. I was one of the few who loved it. In fact.. throughout the thread page to page.. I was very enthusiastic about it.. :D

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
Not as a 1 for 1 he wasn't.. Some people loved it, some didn't. I was one of the few who loved it. In fact.. throughout the thread page to page.. I was very enthusiastic about it.. :D

I love old threads! There were actually more people in favor of the trade than I remembered. And of course you had the 'OMG! KENNY SHOULD BE FIRED! BAILEY SUCKS!' crowd. The writing was on the wall even then as far as Dye goes. He had been declining at the plate and especially in the field for a couple years. And he obviously hit rock bottom in '09. Having Bailey now would make it A LOT easier to part with Hudson. Oh, well.