Beckham

Quentin

Konerko

Teahen

Ramirez

AJP

Rios

Kotsay/Jones/Vizquel

And no, I certainly hope that isn't our opening day lineup, but based upon what the club currently has on the roster, that is what mine would be. Only debate in my eyes would be flipping Rios and Ramirez.

I like the idea of Rios hitting 3rd, putting speed in front of him would be great if he could return to the doubles machine he used to be.

I pretty much agree with the one you posted, I'd be willing to bet that Ramirez gets the 2 hole instead of Beckham, though. Ozzie has already said he wants Becko at 6 or 7.

No one with Ramirez at 2? Listen to what Ozzie and KW are saying - they want Beckham down the order to knock in runs.

I'm guessing...

Pierre

Ramirez

Quentin

DH*** (If its Jones/power bat platoon, as I am expecting it will be)

Konerko

Beckham

Pierzynski

Rios

Teahen

My best guess at this point, but it depends on that DH slot, which is still not known.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 12:09 PM)
No one with Ramirez at 2? Listen to what Ozzie and KW are saying - they want Beckham down the order to knock in runs.

i hate the idea of ramirez in the 2 hole. reminds me of when people thought juan uribe would be "great!" in the 2 hole.

neither have ANY plate discipline and both are poor/average baserunners.

Edited by bad at best

I don't like Ramirez batting 2nd, especially at the beginning of the season. He's been awful in April/beginning of May so far in his career. He should bat 9th to start the season and then they can adjust based on who's hitting well. It's a lineup that can change a lot based on who is hot.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
That's why they need to get another bat. Even if it isn't Gonzalez, they need to get another run producer. Jones and Kotsay aren't going to cut it. I think Kenny knows this, though.

Like I've said before, I really don't care if it's a lefty or not, I just want another run producer for the middle of the lineup. That being said, adding a lefty bat really helps balance out the lineup nicely.

Quentin is too valuable to hit 6th. If he's not playing through an injury, he's a #3 or #4 hitter. I also don't see Rios as a #3 hitter, especially after the turd he laid last season. This is what's I'd put out there on opening day, although I'm sure that Ozzie disagrees...

1. Pierre, LF

2. Rios, CF

3. Beckham, 2B

4. Quentin, RF

5. Konerko, 1B

6. Pierzynski, C

7. Ramirez, SS

8. Kotsay/Jones, DH

9. Teahen, 3B

If Rios continues to suck at the plate, he flip-flops with Alexei.