Top 10 Sox Moments of the Decade

ChiSox_Sonix

So Reifert is doing this via twitter so I figured I'd start a thread up here to get everyone's thoughts. I'm sure i'm forgetting something but top 10 for me would be something like this

1-Final out of the WS

2-MB's perfect game

3-Pods HR

4-Game 163

5-PK's grand slam

6-4 HRs off Randy Johnson in one inning

7-Thome's 500th

8-Thomas' return to Chicago

9-Sox-Tigers brawl

10-Crede's walkoff vs the Indians in '05

Honorable mention: MB's no hitter; Loaiza starting the ASG in Chicago; El Duque's inning; AJ's dropped strike 3; Cubs-Sox brawl; Back-back-back-back HRs; Blum's HR

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

But anyways, here's my personal list:

1. Final out of the WS

2. Pods walk off

3. El Duque's inning

4. Blum's homer

5. Konerko's granny

6. Juan's catch

7. Mark's perfect game

8. Crede's walk off against the Indians

9. Jenks and Cotts blowing away the Astros in the 8th inning of game 1

10. 1st inning of game 1 against Boston.

Hard to keep game 163 off there but every moment of 05 just triumphs almost everything for me.

10. 2006 - Cubs-Sox Brawl

9. 2002 - Crede ties the game with a 2 run shot in the 9th, walk off Grand Slam in the 10th vs. Blue Jays

8. 2000 - 7 in a row on the road vs. Indians and Yankees

7. 2002 - Sox come back against Cubs to win 13-9. Possible first instance of "Paulie" chant before his home run to put Sox on Top 10-8 in the 6th

6. 2008 - Blackout Game 163

5. 2005 - Konerko's Slam

4. 2005 - Podsednik walks off Lidge

3. 2009 - Buehrle's Perfect Game

2. 2005 - Uribe goes into the stands for out two. 

1. 2005 - "Chopper, over the head of Jenks, Uribe charges..... Throws.... OUT!" 

QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 07:07 PM)
10. 2006 - Cubs-Sox Brawl

9. 2002 - Crede ties the game with a 2 run shot in the 9th, walk off Grand Slam in the 10th vs. Blue Jays

8. 2000 - 7 in a row on the road vs. Indians and Yankees

7. 2002 - Sox come back against Cubs to win 13-9. Possible first instance of "Paulie" chant before his home run to put Sox on Top 10-8 in the 6th

6. 2008 - Blackout Game 163

5. 2005 - Konerko's Slam

4. 2005 - Podsednik walks off Lidge

3. 2009 - Buehrle's Perfect Game

2. 2005 - Uribe goes into the stands for out two. 

1. 2005 - "Chopper, over the head of Jenks, Uribe charges..... Throws.... OUT!" 

Whole-heartedly endorse this list.

One game that's a shame to have a cloud over it for losing, was when Iguchi went nuts with a 3R homer and then a granny to tie it up vs. the 'stros?, a game we ultimately lost.

Also C-Lee walking-off the cubs with a granny.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
Whole-heartedly endorse this list.

One game that's a shame to have a cloud over it for losing, was when Iguchi went nuts with a 3R homer and then a granny to tie it up vs. the 'stros?, a game we ultimately lost.

Also C-Lee walking-off the cubs with a granny.

Or A.J.'s three run shot off the Dumpster in 06?

Without breaking out individual feats from the '05 Series, my list is pretty easy (and in order):

1) The World Series - all of it

2) Buehrle's perfect game (I was there)

3) Blackout Tuesday (I was there)

4) Iguchi's homer off Wells in the '05 2nd playoff game (I was there)

5) Buehrle's no-hitter in 07

6) AJ's walk-off homer against the Dodgers in '05

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)
Or A.J.'s three run shot off the Dumpster in 06?

2005 highlights trump everything in my book.

These are good lists, but I don't think anyone has mentioned the #1 AJ highlight of the decade, and what should be an entry on the top 10 overall list: AJ's strikeout in Game 2 of the 2005 ALCS, when Angels catcher Josh Paul rolled the ball back to the mound and AJ astutely ran to first when the ump didn't call him out. That heads-up play won the game, salvaged a split in the first two games, and turned the momentum in the Sox's favor by seriously getting in the heads of Scioscia, the Angels and their fans. The Sox didn't lose another playoff game. It was a huge turning point, a huge play, and it was all thanks to AJ.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
Two of my favorite AJ moments mentioned.....

There's just something great about his walkoff against the Dodgers, then the bat flip....

I think that's when a lot of people started to realize that team could be special.

Not to mention the re-birth of "go go white sox."

I'm not mentioning anything from 2005. WAY too easy.

My top 10 in no order:

10:The game against Indians at home right after completing a perfect 7-game sweep on the road against those same Indians and Yankees in 2000. The reception the team got that night had me shaking like a leaf.

9: Carlos Lee's walkoff slam against the Cubs in 2001.

8: The comeback against the Cubs in 2002 in which we were down 8-0 and won like 12-9 or something close to that.

7: The game against the Twins in 2003 in which Konerko, who was doing his best Brent Lillibridge impression to that point in the season, hit a two out, game-tying HR in the bottom of the 9th to send the game into extras. Then the greatest player in franchise history ended in the 12th.

6: Jose Valentin mocking Sammy Sosa's HR trot in I believe 2003?

5: Jose Valentin's walkoff vs the Cubs in 2003.

4: Joe Crede's slam against Chad Qualls in 2006 that tied the game at 5. It was so eerily similar to PK's slam.

3:Mark's no-hitter vs the Rangers.

2: Mark's perfect game against the Rays.

1: Wise's catch that saved Mark's perfect game.

Honorable mention: Not White Sox related, but Steve Bartman and game 6 of '03 the NLCS will always have a special place in my heart.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 05:03 PM)

Honorable mention: Not White Sox related, but Steve Bartman and game 6 of '03 the NLCS will always have a special place in my heart.

I still have the newspaper cover of that along with game 7 of the 2003 NLCS framed, and hung on my wall in my rec room.

In between those 2 papers, are framed copies of the 2005 Central Title, ALDS Title, ALCS Title, W.S Champs.

Underneath that are original papers framed of Hank Aaron's 715th homer, Cal Ripkens 2131 games. and Pete Rose 4192 hit to pass Ty Cobb. What a beautiful wall! EVERY-ONE of these are cherished baseball moments.

Someday I hope to get a copy of the 1959 pennant win.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 05:03 PM)

My top 10 in no order:

10:The game against Indians at home right after completing a perfect 7-game sweep on the road against those same Indians and Yankees in 2000. The reception the team got that night had me shaking like a leaf.

9: Carlos Lee's walkoff slam against the Cubs in 2001.

8: The comeback against the Cubs in 2002 in which we were down 8-0 and won like 12-9 or something close to that.

7: The game against the Twins in 2003 in which Konerko, who was doing his best Brent Lillibridge impression to that point in the season, hit a two out, game-tying HR in the bottom of the 9th to send the game into extras. Then the greatest player in franchise history ended in the 12th.

6: Jose Valentin mocking Sammy Sosa's HR trot in I believe 2003?

5: Jose Valentin's walkoff vs the Cubs in 2003.

4: Joe Crede's slam against Chad Qualls in 2006 that tied the game at 5. It was so eerily similar to PK's slam.

3:Mark's no-hitter vs the Rangers.

2: Mark's perfect game against the Rays.

1: Wise's catch that saved Mark's perfect game.

Great non-'05 list, but imo Game 163 has to be on there somewhere, and there may have been better City Series moments than 9, 8, and 6 (Gooch's slam after the brawl, AJ's game-winning 3-jack in the Urinal).