Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (qwerty @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 09:20 PM)
No where in this nation is it a new year yet. The catch all 2009 version is getting robbed of it's time to shine.

I'm one who really, really wants to get on with the new year. :D

So I locked myself out of my car last night. I started to let it warm up while I scraped off snow and ice, and when I go to get back in, it's locked. I couldn't remember for the life of me even coming close to brushing against the locks. In any case, ended up having to call the police. After many attempts to open the doors somehow, we realized the easiest way was to just get the window open, which worked.

Obviously feeling very embarrassed by all this, I felt much better later when I was driving, because apparently my car has started locking of its own accord -- this happened twice last night after I locked myself out.

Moral of the story: never leave your second set of keys at school when you come home for break. And don't lock yourself out of your car on New Year's Eve.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Obviously feeling very embarrassed by all this, I felt much better later when I was driving, because apparently my car has started locking of its own accord -- this happened twice last night after I locked myself out.

My vehicle has an automatic setting you can turn on/off that locks/unlocks the door when you put the car into and out of gear. It's a process of holding down random buttons to get it to do that. Might be something like that described in your manual?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
My vehicle has an automatic setting you can turn on/off that locks/unlocks the door when you put the car into and out of gear. It's a process of holding down random buttons to get it to do that. Might be something like that described in your manual?

Yeah, researching that on my manual is on my list of things to do today.

Most will file this under the "Who Gives a F*ck" folder, but why does SNL showcase Keenan Thompson so much? He doesn't do anything funny and isn't entertaining.

Bill Hader is awesome and is always in the background.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
Most will file this under the "Who Gives a F*ck" folder, but why does SNL showcase Keenan Thompson so much? He doesn't do anything funny and isn't entertaining.

Bill Hader is awesome and is always in the background.

Actually, the few times that I've actually watched SNL this season I've only laughed at the skits showcasing Keenan. Not sure if that's on me or on the rest of that cast.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Does anyone remember 'The Bel Air' drive in movie theater on 31st & Cicero? Is it still operating?

It closed in 1999 and was demolished a couple years ago to make room for yet another friggin' Wal-Mart.

The oter one I remember going to as a kid was at around 75th and just off Western. Can't remember the name and I know it was a big flea market spot as well. I'm sure it's long-gone as well.